• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How do you like your coffee best? or do you prefer tea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Never_falter It's a reference to a television show.
The character I'm paraphrasing was the captain of a ship, who used the word "Engage!" As a command to the crew to get underway.

This particular character also ordered his tea the same way almost every episode, for the 7 years the show was in production.

"Computer. Tea, Earl Grey. Hot."

The character was Captain Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

It also just happens to be the tea I drink as well.
I'm surprised you didn't get the reference. I heard that show is rather popular in Deutschland.
Maybe that doesn't translate well to the Deutsch version.

Tea- loose leaf Russian Caravan blend (yes I am a tea snob), preferably with a slice of carrot cake.

This morning I made myself a homemade savoury cream tea- 2 cheese scones, butter, cheddar, soft cheese, a celery stick and chilli chutney, with a pot of tea. That's how tea should really be had!;)

I used to be hooked on coffee and sweet tea, and even wished I could get my coffee intravenously, but gave them up 3 years ago for herbal infusions and increased water intake.

Some of my favorites are stinging nettle, red clover, burdock root, astragalus, dandelion root, wild plantain, lemon balm, peppermint, thyme, etc., etc. and I like to add fresh ginger root and turmeric root.

I don't sweeten them anymore, but used to have to add some honey, or date syrup, or maple syrup to make it tolerable since I was so used to a sweetness overload.

My adrenal glands and nervous system are much happier with no caffeine. I had no idea how draining it was, as I'd been made to believe caffeine was the main thing that was getting me through my days.

Sorry folks I just drink natures nectar & sometimes fruit cake, banana cake orrr ...chocolate coated short bread. I'm getting it now!! Coffee & tea make me tremble & go off... dam I'm no fun at all!

So none of you eats anything with tea/coffee?

LMAO :roflmao:

I don’t eat enough to eat with my coffee...

...Although I almost always have coffee after I eat! ;)

I only eat once a day, if that, these days. (Read for the past few years).

Back when we used to have proper tea time / were eating 5-6 small meals a day? Cucumber sandwiches (worthless white bread -slang for the super soft über processed kind that comes in a cellophane bag with a million ingredients, as opposed to like a crusty baguette or pain that’s just water/flour/yeast/salt-, mayo, cucumber slices, pepper pepper pepper pepper), or baguette paninis of many many many different varieties :D

A few of my favs:

Green tea, artichoke tea, apple banana tea, chai tea, mate tea, chamomile mint tea, and a holiday fav: chai nog tea (chai and egg nog.... which is weird because I don’t like egg nog plain, but with chai tea? Amazing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back