• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How do you like your coffee? or do you drink it at all??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
How Do You Like Your Coffee? Or Do you drink it at all??

I have a real "thing" for coffee. It is the highlight of my morning. I don't know about you, but after having had to take meds to get to sleep, coffee in the mornings is a life-saver for me. Just the thought of having it will actually propel me out of bed. I honestly don't know what I would do without it!

I like mine extra light, with no sugar. I can use various things to make it "extra light." Sometimes I put just regular milk in it, sometimes flax milk, sometimes powdered creamer (sugar free) or once in a great while I will splurge and use Half and Half.

I usually have 2 cups at home and then another small cup at work. I bring my sugar-free creamer with me, so that I don't have to deal with the sugar in other creamers. It is Vanilla flavored also, or I like the Hazelnut one too. As long as it is sugar free, I am good.

So, how do you like your coffee?

I'm glad you explained that, @anthony, because I was wondering what you were talking about until you did.

When my husband and I were on our honeymoon in Argentina, where he was born, he used to have to explain to the waiters that I liked a "little coffee with my milk" so he would say this as, "Leche con cafe" or milk with coffee, instead of coffee with milk, which is what they usually said down there for regular without suger. The waiters would look at me funny, but they did manage to make my coffee the way I loved it. And OOOOH! The coffee in South America is sooooo... much better than we have here in the States.

I've been across America (West to East coast)... and the coffee sucks. America thinks StarBucks make good coffee. Sheesh. If a cafe doesn't make good coffee here in Melbourne, it won't be open long.

<looks with dawning terror @anthony >

Instant??? :eek:

Unless you're snorting it my horror knows no bounds.

Mokapot. $20. Works on stoves, campfires, hell, shop torches, even particularly hot sand like an ibrik. Will not break. Smoothly styled for even the most fashionable urbanites, yet ruggedly durable enough to live in a ruck. Steam powered. Simple. Fast. Effective. Espresso. Dilute to your heart's content.

I pour my coffee by hand, through a special Melita filter, one cup at a time. I use filtered water, that has to be part of it too, otherwise the coffee tastes not so good. Everyone I have made a cup of coffee for raves about it, so I know I must be doing something right!

Definitely filtered water. What I like and what I actually have to drink are two different matters. So it's 2 cups half caffeine, with some powdered milk. I prefer chai or a latte but can only indulge & have about a half dozen of those each year... so I wait seasonally for pumpkin spice lattes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back