• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Do You Move On From Trauma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was emotionally abused by my LMHC for two years and I knew something was wrong as my mental declined but I could not tell from what. When I stopped seeing her my thoughts begain to flow and it all made sense. Now a year later and I get triggers from people. I do not trust people anymore and Im on edge always. Just scared all the time. I want to move on with my life but how? I called the therapist to ask her why she abused me but no call back. I need help and I quit my new job because of the triggers were just too much. Please someone help me get back to some normalcy please!

She certainly upset you. If you have PTSD, I would recommend finding a trauma therapist to help you process what she did to you so you can put it in the past and move on. One bad apple won't ruin the whole profession. I'm sorry she didn't respond to your call. Two years with the wrong therapist sounds painful. You're safe now, she can't hurt you anymore. It's just too bad she isn't willing to have a final session to help you on your way.

She twisted my perceptions and thoughts around at 32 I push people away and then I push them close to me. I have inherited Aspergers and it didn't know I had that until I started seeing her but apparently she knew. Charged me for talk therapy but I didn't get talk therapy. It was like I was just sitting there having a casual conversation like you would a friend and that was it.

She certainly upset you. If you have PTSD, I would recommend finding a trauma therapist to help you...
I called the Administrator and I dont want to meet with her I just want to confront her and find out why she treated me the way she did. She is the manipulative type.

Yikes, how do these people get up and go to work when they know they're not right for the job? Now you have to process all that. But don't take it personally. A wolf is a wolf I guess.

Yikes, how do these people get up and go to work when they know they're not right for the job? Now y...
Yes, I dont get people like that. Thanks for replying and yes I need to take one step at a time. I guess instead of looking for full time just need to start a part-time job.

Yes, I dont get people like that. Thanks for replying and yes I need to take one step at a tim...
Its hard not to take things personally when she would speak to me in round about ways and there were hidden meanings in her words so now I struggle with that in everyday life. She took me away from people that were my friends since middle school and said they werent my friends. Im just very confused about life and I feel really lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back