• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Do You See PTSD - Tattoos We Wear and Why

• Thread starter Deleted member 93
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very noble idea for what I want as a tattoo. Because in very real sense, I have died and have experienced rebirth,because of seizures that I believe may be a symptom of my PTSD, that I want a flaming Phoenix as my first tattoo. I am not sure yet where I want this yet.

I would like tattoos on my forearms to hide my cutting scars.

I want to do this. It would have to be on my hip. I'm not sure what I'd get. But I know that I'd want something loving or soft or gentle to cover up the scars. There aren't many there and they're not that bad honestly. But every time I see them they're a source of shame.

I have two tattoos. One is on my foot and it's a symbol that represents a nickname my best friend has for me. And the other one ironically is a blackbird on my wrist. It represents one of my brothers who always sings the beatles song to me. He's one of my biggest supporters. It reminds me that even when I don't feel like I can achieve something I know he believes in me. And I know he supports me no matter what I decide. I love him. One of my traumas involves almost losing him September 11th. He worked in one of the towers.

I I am not sure yet where I want this yet.

After some further thought today I have a possible location on one of my shoulders. I am leaning toward choosing my left given that I do write (non keyboard that is) with my right hand.

I am ambidextrous with other tasks which usually involves using both hands.

Last edited:
Coming back to this thread now it has been rekindled. I am still thinking seriously about my tree and wolf idea, I've settled on my right shoulder blade as the location and I'm almost certain of the artist who I want to do the work. It's just a case of contacting him, drawing up and finding the money to get it done!

Yea, It's amazing what can happen when people rekindle things... At my place of employment we seem to have a tattoo club of sorts... (I am considering joining through realizing that I need a physical (not a tangible one necessarily) reminder that I have survived both trauma and death it's self. How I've survived death is having had several (I think 4+ now) seizure episodes. While I have found a possible link (which is how I found this forum by doing some research) because of various issues with neurology and the fact we only have a single clinic with a limited mindset, I am unable to substantiate my suspicions of my seizures being connected to my existing PTSD whether there is some actual epilepsy (aside from having more than one episode) which I am being misdiagnosed as having and thus being thrown on meds to treat what may actually have a psychological cause/effect not the usual electrical surging that I know is typical of seizure activity. On another note with this, We don't have a video EEG and I doubt the local neurology team would even consider doing the testing since medicating or in some cases over-medicating patients seems to be their motivation.

Keeping with the thread... I am still trying to settle on a design I like... I know there are lots of designs...

Right now this phoenix idea is very appealing and as I said does have a meaning I feel a personal connection with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back