• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Does A Daddy Let Go ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20280
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20280

I have lost the loves of my life because of PTSD. I will not get to see them smile, I will not get to hold them when they cry. I will not be there when they marry. I will not be giving my little girl away. I have had to let go of you all but in my heart there will always remain that bond between a father and his daughters that can never be broken, never.

I dedicate this song to my three daughters, Daddy love's you all dearly.

Honestly, Laurie...as a daughter whose father abandoned and abused me....there still was a longing to have him walk me down the aisle. When they reach majority, maybe they'll reach out. Daughters need their fathers desperately, and I bet the older they get, the more they'll think of you. Perhaps they'll reach out to you. I hope and pray that happens. It's such a shame that you as a father want your daughters to be involved and can't, and there are so many jerk fathers out there who treat their girls horribly but still have access.

My past has kept me connected with my here and now, for too long I have held onto the memorise of a traumatic past that has damaged me forever.

No shall I chose to let go emotionally of the bonds holding me back.What happened to me because of my past are because of my past. Now I chose to remember that time yet move on and strive to make memories, happy memories for my future.

I have always loved all of my children and always will. I have three sons and three daughters and with the love of a father held deep amd neverending, I will love you all boy to man, girl to woman, child to adult as my own. Daddy loves you all with a depth of emotion none could surpass.

Sleep sound, sleep calm, sllep quietly in the knowledge that wherever Daddy may be his love for all of you will never fade.

Laurie , through many years with my older daughter , it was hell. I didnt know i had ptsd and went from one disaster to the next. But somehow i held onto her and tried to do whatever i could and most times it was never enough. For many years she almost hated me but at the same time still wanted to spend time with me and i don't have many fond memories of our time together. It seemed she was put on this earth to give me a hard time. Slowly over time we were able to repair the bonds , it wasnt something that happened quickly but rather over many years. But through all of this she understood that she could come to me with anything, any problem and i would never judge but simply help her. We know have a solid relationship.

Dont give up mate , they are your offspring and that biological connection is far stronger than you realise. You may not get your time now , but you will get it , that you can almost be assured of. Dont give up and rather plan for the day when they're not under the guise of the other parent but their own people, free to make their own decisions, and they will return and they will want to know you , please be patient and dont give up hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back