1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

How I Found This Community After All These Years Is Pure Luck

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Desiderata, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desiderata

Desiderata New Member

Hello .... There are so many here ... I don't know if I feel sad that there are ....or glad that I somehow found a way that might help me ... help myself. ... My name is Rob and I live in Ontario , Canada ... near the shore of Georgian Bay ... it's a beautful place but it is very isolated .... After moving around the planet for many years , I stopped here about two years ago ... the running had to stop and I am doing somewhat better than I once was but I want to start running again ... I have Complex PTSD ... been dealing with it for 12 years ... and it's been quite a ride .... but somehow managed to keep on living ... my daughter holds me to life more than she will ever know .... She's 17 and lives with her Mom and I'm blessed that things are good there ... I've received a lot of help from many professional people over the years ... spent 6 months as an inpatient for specialized treatment .... EMDR and and so much more ... never did the ECT , but once considered it ... Tried dozens of meds but I do better without them .... I guess my story is not uncommon to anyone here and I hope that we all can find a way to help each other and help ourselves .... Such an absurd illness ... PTSD ....

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome Desi, yes it is very bitter sweet to find so many like you is it not? We all get that. Again welcome aboard just find a spot that you feel like posting or sharing and well, just jump right in. You will find this is everyone's home here.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Rob, welcome to the community mate and glad you joined. Look forward to chatting with you Rob....

5. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Rob...welcome. It was quite a shock for me to find a place where I was understood-but a good shock. Again, welcome.

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Rob. Welcome to the forum!

bec

7. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

Hi Rob.. welcome to our forum.. I felt the same way when I found it.. I was so happy to finally have people understand me. We're here for you.. keep your chin up !!

8. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey, rob. welcome to the forum. this is a good place.

9. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

Glad you found us. Welcome!

10. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome Rob. IMO ALL PTSD is complex. Anyway after all your travling, your HOME

11. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Oh' yeah, you can say that again! Hello Rob, and welcome to the forum.

12. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Hi Rob. Welcome!

13. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

WELCOME Des

:hello: Hi Des,

welcome to the forum, hoping you will find some peace here among new friends.

Take Care

D (wildcritter)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar