• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Often Do You Fly Off The Handle?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38644
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 38644

my mom is a great trigger. She say the dumbest crap on this planet. When you have your headphones in, she gone boost up. this con artist aka black widow is trying to steal my joy. I helped her with her bills in the past but it went to other men instead. she chose to live in this expensive lifestyle trying to con a military man. she has her taxes and she still want to con people out of money while telling others she hasn't received it to get more out of you

In answer to your question, almost never. I was scolded and beaten if I protested when I was a child, so I rarely protest or get angry now as an adult. I have a VERY long fuse. Once in a great while, like maybe once a year or every other year, I lose it. I have paid dearly for the times I have lost it too, only re-enforcing what I learned as a child.

I tend to lose my temper very quickly, it's seems to come from my sudden mood swings? I know it's wrong, but I have no control over them, no matter how hard I try to control them, the just happen?

Yet I can calm down and my mood changes again, I only wish I could control them, as one minute I'm OK then I burst out crying for no apparent reason?

I get angry and out of control I'd say 3/7 days a week. Just blurting out whatever hateful thoughts I can think of. Throwing stuff. Yelling at the top of my lungs. Flailing and hitting anyone that comes near. For a couple of hours and then I'm just completely and utterly calm. Happy too like nothing ever happened.

Quote......"Best thing for you is to live your own life"

Aye! that's exactly what I'm doing now, as I spent seven years caring for my late wife. I know I shouldn't say this, but it was like being under house arrest!

I couldn't even go for a shower unless someone else was sitting with her, and her family were of little help?

So, now I feel like I'm living my own life, and after seven years, it was difficult to adjust to that.

Aye! Lauren, that's exactly what it was like, the only time I got out of the house was to go to the supermarket to do shopping? The car would stay unused for days at a time

Even then, I had to rush home to let the person sitting with her, to leave? Her so called, close family only came when it suited them, and even then, it wasn't for long, just enough time to borrow some money, well I say borrow, as it was never paid back!

I dont get the title with the thread but to answer the title, in a split sec I can go from fully calm to blind rage explosion. It happens that fast.

I can be detailed if that helps. Not sure what you are look for advise or thoughts on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back