1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

How To Copy And Paste On Here?

Discussion in 'Social' started by wadoo, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wadoo

wadoo Active Member

Hi do you know how to copy and then paste into a thread box without bringing up all the text details from the word document??

Thanks

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Yes, I DO! LOL

whatever you want to copy and paste, just copy it into wordpad or notepad first. These programs removing the tags.. (all that font crap.. can't think of the word for it right now.), then copy it out of wordpad or notepad into a post!

I know they are dinky annoying little programs but it works like a charm. Just do not use Corel, Wordperct, Microsoft works.. etc.. that is where the tag issues hit. Some websites also add tags so your best bet is to copy into wordpad first.

bec

4. wadoo

wadoo Active Member

Great.. Thankyou Bec... done it but I stuffed up heaps posting a couple of the same poem.... lol

But all done now thanks

Lorry

5. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

This was a very good question, that needed answering for me too, though I never thought to ask it. Glad you asked it Lorry.

And, Bec thanks for letting us all now know, bc oh' what a pain in the butt removing the formattting, from Works' can be and just is. As every moment is precious to me and that is just so time-consuming.

Hope others read this thread and learn of this sooner, rather than later.

Hope

6. becvan

Yes it's a heck of a pain in the butt..

In case you don't know where to find notepad or wordpad... here are the directions:

go to start
    go to all programs
    go to accessories..... it should be somewhere in that drop down list...

bec

7. goingonhope

bec,.........you got it, you shared it, and thx again for contributing our Peace of Mind !

Hope

8. becvan

HEHE.. more like for my own sanity..

some posts, as late, have been like hide and seek.. can you find the real letters amoungst all the tags??

Damn near went cross-eyed over a few! :cuckoo:

bec

9. goingonhope

Oh ya', that right, some of the posts get left that way for you to sort through, clean up and make sense of. Bc either the edit button dissappears or 10 min. pass from start of editing, or perhaps some memb. may not know how to clean it up themselves. Who knows? but, that's right.

Less Stress, thereby welcoming more Sanity is of Extreme Importance !

LOLaughs....LOLove

Hope

10. goingonhope

I'd love to help and sign on as forum editor, ...really I would... however, as it stands right now, I'm pretty sure, that my husb. would then feel like wringing my neck (..lol...) for committing to something more, without first following through with so many other commitm. and all of them to there completion.

Starting first with taxes....OMG. It is highly unlike us to postpone this for this long, I haven't even turned in appl. for next yrs. need for a scholarship of sorts, ...funding...so that my children can cont. at their school. Without a scholarship we cannot afford to send them.

Hope