1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

How To Get an Avatar?

Discussion in 'Social' started by 2quilt, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

I want a picture for myself

Okay, where do I go to look for and choose a little picture for myself? All of you have little icons to represent yourselves, and now i want one for myself.

Where do I go, and how do I get it from there to here? Thanks in advance.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Look at the user CP button at the top of this page and select. Then to your left you should have the option to edit avatar.

4. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

Avitar

Anthony,
    I don't know if everyone has to do this or not, but every time I want to post something, I have to log in all over again.

Also, I can't reach the Avatar or User CP thing, because when I click on it, the page changes to make me log in all over again, and start me over, and the page it changes to is one where I can't see the CP choice on it. I use Mozilla Firefox, not Internet Explorer because IE has so many security problems I just won't use it. Could this be a firewall or cookie problem? Any idea what is wrong? Thank you for your help with this.

Cyndi

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Cyndi, firstly... when you log in, have you checked the box beside your username when logged out, that says "remember me"? Do that first, as that will stop the problem. Because you use firefox, which I also use, there is no need for you too log out if its your home computer, because even if others can access it, all you need to do is double the security through > Tools > Options > select the Security Tab > Use master password option > set a master password for your browser.

What this does, is whenever you open firefox and go to a page that has your username / passwords saved, you have to enter the master password once during any firefox session, which stops another person opening up the browser, browsing to say this forum, then having your username and password available to them... providing you log out each time that is.

If that first option does not fix your problem, you need to look at your options for how you have firefox setup to accept cookies, because that is what forums use in order to keep the information upon your computer to prevent such things happening too you.