1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

How To Get Through - When Does It End?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mmpd, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmpd

mmpd New Member

Well i feel like im struggling each day to get through.
    My husband who i married on the 4th nov 06 was driving home 250 km on christmas eve with his older brother who was completly wrecked. They stopped at a friends house 1.5 km before they hit a road train, paul my hubby stayed in the car and went to sleep and his older brother who was smashed went in and delivered some crayfish and amongst other things had a few more drinks and decided it was a good idea to drive the three kms to get home paul was asleep so the witnesses tell me when his older bro hoped in and drove of like a maniac. Then 1,5kms later he smashes into a road train Paul ended up with various breaks, punctured lung and a fractured skull. He was in a coma for 10 days and they had to remove part of the skull to relive the pressure. he was in a vegetative state for 3 days and in hospital for another 4 weeks. His older brother ended up with a broken leg. While all this was going on i was 8 months pregnant and paul just made it home for the birth. He is no different really speech is shotty but thats really good for what he has been through. Now Im just worn down to the bottom I had a nervous breakdown, diagnosed with PTSD, major depression and i have no idea how long it will be until i am my self again im scared paul is going back to work away soon and i hope i can handle it any suggestions on how long it takes to get through this the meds have helped>>>>>

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar