• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How To Stay Strong For My Marriage. Husband Has Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaylee123

New Here
My husband has recently told me that he isn't happy in our marriage.. And he seemed so fine last week. I didn't see any of this coming. He says he's not happy with anything in life. But he's pushing me away.. He said he just wants to be alone. That he needs to find himself and find happiness. And it hurts me that I can't give him what he needs. And he's being very stubborn about going to talk to anyone. And he doesn't know how to explain to me what's going on with him. I just can't lose him. And I need to know more about PTSD and what I should and shouldn't do. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Personally, I'd give him the timeout he requested to regain his equilibrium and consider his happiness with your marriage after that time, going on about doing the usual meantime.

This doesn't sound like a relationship crash kind of a situation, just a request for some space & time off.

Sounds like he needs to get clear on what new him wants & needs in the first place. Really doesn't sound personal to me.

Just a thought, as I heard those words from my husband of 35 years ... he does not have PTSD. He told me he was not happy, wanted to be alone, not sure he loved me ( or ever did ) and 5 months of hell.He left our home, deserted his family , quit his job, and had an affair . He had a "midlife identity crisis" . I now have PTSD from his betrayal ( out of the blue )and previous childhood events that I have never faced. Sorry .. I am NOT suggesting that your husband is having an affair.. never would I say that to you. Just google male mid life transitions and educate yourself .. I wish someone had told me , as I had no clue what was happening. And, nothing you can say or do , so just get out of his way . I know it hurts. Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back