• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General How Well Do You Sleep, As A Supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep evades me yet again.

I was tired at 10pm so went to bed, by 11.30 I was still awake. So here I am with chamomile tea hoping it does trick.

At least the cat is asleep, she is curled up at the side of me snoring.

I just told my husband who is my supporter about this thread and he says he sleeps great - he sleeps in another room ;)

Well I managed to get about 4 hours sleep in all.

This morning I am exhausted, but hey this is the PTSD world we live in.

I have no problem at all dropping off to sleep - it's staying asleep that I just can't do anymore.

I have bottles of aromatherapy oil that I rotate each night so never use each one more than twice a week and they do work really well, but I have got in to this awful habit of waking up part way through the night and then I just toss and turn until it's time to get up. My work is starting to suffer, I'm constantly tired and yet I cannot stay asleep.

On Friday night I did actually manage a full night's sleep and the difference in me on Saturday was incredible - I felt so much better. Yet Saturday night and last night it was back to square one!

I am back to using essential oils to help me sleep, it never used to be this bad, but lately it is awful.

Must be something in the Yorkshire air Toria.

It's my dad who has been diagnosed with PTSD and he lives 400 miles away, so I don't have to listen to him crying and swearing through the walls at night now. But it still runs at back of my mind and I haven't been sleeping well since I have been home. I get nervous about going to sleep, left to think about things.

Last night was hell on earth for us trying to sleep.

Hubby could not sleep, neither could I. Then just as we had got settled and were drifting off, a car howled past.

3 am and there was banging on our neighbour's door and then raised voices. We finally manged to get to sleep a little after this.

This was with me using Geranium oil.

I am not too bad, but hubby is irritated and tired.

The sleep fairy has done a runner. :cry: Hardly any sleep for either of us again last night.

Tonight I am going to use the strongest sedative oil I have, Ylang Ylang. If that does not work I will be using hubby's sedative blend.

Just out of interest... what do you put in his blend? It sounds quite strong.

The Fairy says hello by the way - she'll be with you tomorrow night... :happy:

This is the mildest one Toria, but still quite strong. I pour about a teaspoon of this blend into my hands then rub my hand together until it becomes warm, then just massage it into his upper back and shoulders. He is usually away with the fairies within minutes.

You will need a 50ml bottle of carrier, a bottle each of Lavender, Geranium and Palma Rosa essential oils.

To the carrier oil add 10 drops of each of the 3 oils, put the lid back on the bottle and twist and roll it until it is all blended together. It may take a while but please do not be tempted to shake it as this could cause pockets of essential oil to form in the bubbles. when it is all blended together, keep it in a cool dark place until needed.

I slept much better last night. Hubby had oil on and I cuddled up to him and was asleep in minutes.

The sleep fairy found her way back. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back