• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How's Your Day Been? Each Day is Different, So Make Your Mark Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanging in there. One sleep to go before my admittance into a private psych hospital for a trauma and dissociation program.

With bravery you seem to be taking this thing by the horns. My therapist is alluding to the fact the my future holds hospitalization one way or another when I am well enough. Kinda has me frightened because of my SI stay years ago.

You are so strong and inspiring.

It was interesting and much more pleasant than how it started....for my first appt. (therapy), the person wasn't there....and for a few moments, I was pissed...but I couldn't change anything about it, and it's free, and this is the only time it's ever happened like that, so I opted to grab french fries at a local cafe for some starch and oil therapy instead (not my best choice, but oh well), visited the park (breathing/meditative time and to remind me of the feathered friends/willow trees/sacred waters), the little free library spots (didn't find anything, but it was fun looking - and I helped build one of them), a favorite thrift shop (scored a gorgeous houseplant I've been wanting and a cake pan I've been meaning to pick up for some more experimenting - grand total - $6 - retail therapy - check), then traveled with my fascia to blissville during massage therapy on a heated amethyst bio-mat using cbd oil (hey, you, get offa my cloud! lol), then got a good report at the chiro as it seems I'm still in alignment (yay!). Damn glad I scheduled the therapy appt. first, cause I'd really be pissed had she ruined the groove of the last two. lol

I had another 3 am morning with my scary thoughts, fell back asleep hours later waking late. This afternoon I am feeling drained and have stayed in bed all day I really don't care either. I won't beat myself up for resting when I need rest and isolating when I need isolation. I haven't even showered...I don't feel great about that.

I will try to change my mindset..stop watching mental health youtube videos and take in more positive things.

Reactions: Mee
Three am house sounds are quite different , huh? Everything feels different then. I was awake all day , I had an appointment over the phone this afternoon and stuff to do this morning but I didn’t have to go down stairs so I didn’t. This takes a stress away for me . I have promised my partne I will go down both weekend days though . And be normal .

It's good we are able to take days like this @Mee . I often wake at three with thoughts of arsonists, fire, smoke..etc I'm not in a panic or anything just thoughts. You haven't had any sleep yet?

It's good we are able to take days like this @Mee . I often wake at three with t...

Me it’s usually being hyper vigilant then crying

No. Not yet. What tends to happen is I have a sort of rally in the evening. It can be a problem if I get into the habit because I can go a couple/ few days. I will not drive if I am tired though. Which of course I secretly like a little because I can have an excuse to myself to stay at home .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back