1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hubby Has Stepped Up! Sickness Did It

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Jen, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Well what a week I was rushed to hospital last Saturday with a diverticular attack I had an abcess on my bowel ( that I didnt know about) rupture so have spent the last week in hospital.
    Hubby has had to step in and nurse me ,run the house and run our business I was so worried what was going to happen.As this time last year he had a breakdown from having to much on his plate. But we have spoken about it and he said he knows he wont do the same as he did before ( I hope he is right but I am quietly confident he will handle this!)
    But he has amazed me with the way he has handled this and it is going to be ongoing for at least 3 more months as I have some more hospital visits coming up.
    I am very proud of the way he is handling this and all the loving and caring he is giving me at the moment is endless!
    Jen

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. willing

willing Active Member

Aren't spouses wonderful when the show us they can handle life without our previous level of help. Sorry to hear of your attack. I hope your recovery is speedy.
    Patty

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Get well soon Jen. Glad to hear your husband is up to the task.

Jim.

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Well done Jen, and get better soon. It often takes something like this to pull a sufferer out of their space and back to reality.

6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys I think you are right Anthony he was dragged out of his space. He hasnt had time to think about himself!
    Jen

7. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen

BIG HUGS to you. Hope you are doing well & taking care of yourself.
    I'm glad that your hubby is taking care of you & helping out with things.

8. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks Jods this is going to be a slow process at least a couple more months I really could do without this but my body thinks otherwise. It is going to be a testing time for both of us but so far so good:hello:

9. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hi Jen

Just checking in to see how your doing. Hope your health is improving & your still getting a chance to get out to the golf course. Hope your hubby is well too!

Take care of yourself:smile:

10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi Jods
    No things didnt go real well but hopefully will start to pick up. I had bowel surgery, hysterectomy and appendix out all in the one op. I got out of hospital yesterday. Doc said at least 2 months recovery so a long process for me and hubby so far he is hanging in there he has had a couple of shitty days but so far hanging in there.
    Thanks Jen

11. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Geez Jen, a tough time for you no doubt. Please rest and get well soon...

12. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Jen I'm so sorry to hear about your health.
    If rest is what the doctor ordered, then please take it easy!
    Bet you are glad to be back at home. Hope you are slowly on the mend & your hubby has what it takes to help you during this time.
    Gentle hugs to you!

13. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Thanks Jods yeh I have no choice but take it easy my body wont let me do much at all at the moment.
    Hubby was handling things well when I first got sick but he is starting to go downhill a bit now,I need him to hang in there with the business for about 4 more weeks then I should be able to help. I am a bit worried he is showing the signs of not coping real well.I can get help for him but he keeps saying he is ok?
    Jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar