• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Huge Update Coming Round Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I just want to give lots of warning now, that the forum may go down in the coming month (August) for updates. The updates will include:
  1. Forum software vbulletin update.
  2. Complete chat system upgrade to latest version.
  3. New chat application add-on - "profile recorder" is an interactive means for members to make a video/audio profile recording of themselves for introduction purposes.
  4. "Most Likely" a new interactive email application for members to use which allows video/audio emails to be created and sent. The system is a fully operable and interactive email program, similar to Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc etc, except fully interactive with video and audio. More information will be released as and when necessary.
If you see the forum down, or you see changes being made to the forum that don't work for you, these are upgrades which will only be made available once complete and live. This thread will negate and supersede any member threads created about the issue, thus they will be deleted and simply members pointed here.

Update

I have now been placed in queque for a new server, which will happen in the next six weeks sometime. Once done, my files will be migrated to the new server, no disruption to the forum will occur for that one as its done on the fly, basically a copy sent and once finished, the new server address takes hold.

I have a FMS solution to power the chat system now, supplied by Wowza Media, which will now have my all-in-one video/audio solution that I control, and will have immense bandwidth to begin the Mentor Program.

Once these tasks have been completed, flashcoms will then upgrade my entire chat system over the current one, which is quite extensively modified to what you use now, many of the issues corrected, and the newer version is even more user friendly and easier to function. The system will have even more features included, at which time I will look at the addition of a mail system inclusion.

The forum software will likely be done first, as it is the easiest to do.

Update: Servint are rushing me through a new server, so hopefully I will have it in the next week or two, all live and operational. Once I have the server, here is an idea of what to expect:

If you look at the flashcoms site, being who designed the chat system, we already have the community video and community chat, video communicator and site messenger, all operable once in the chat system. Now, the communicator and messenger should normally be used outside of the chat system, being to send instant messages to one another, or if you see someone online, you can send them an invite to video chat with you there and then. I removed those two components because they had bugs in them utilizing them that way, however; the upgraded version should actually function correctly, without bugs when integrated into this forum, so that will likely get placed back near members usernames, above each post (something like: IM Username or Video Chat with Username).

If you look at the chat programs upon flashcoms, you can view demonstrations of the latest release, version 5, which will be upgraded here once the server is completed (lots of changes to what your used too using now). You can also see two new programs, site mail and profile recorder. Profile recorder allows members to make a video profile of themselves, which will be used especially for those wanting in on the mentor program. The site mail is an internal program allowing the instant creation of video mail for internal sending, which is perfect for the mentor program and possibly members who have chat access. This way communication can be done in a live fashion, and not always having to be online together for instant chat. Its more rewarding recovery wise to do live media than typing, because it pushes people past that boundary to hide themselves, and instead truly open up and release emotion.

Flashcoms also customize software to suit, and one such thought in development for this site is to have a video diary, one where members forget typing, and they log their diary through video, members respond through video also. Basically, remove the typing and replace with all video/audio saved messages.

The ability to text type will always be available, though enabling those with high speed access to speed up the process, is certainly more beneficial to healing and time constraints often found by all members attempting to get through the sheer number of posts. To watch a 10 minute video of a members detailed response is far easier than reading for 10 minutes, then having to process the information, then respond. Watch, listen, respond instantly, all live.

Helps with that little agoraphobic aspect of PTSD, self esteem issue, etc etc. The point of this forum is to help people get past certain aspects of PTSD, and some of those are done simply using current technology to get live, be open to others, and begin truly speeding up the healing journey.

Anthony...I will still be using typing as I can't afford to add the equipment for audio and video sooooooo hopefully in the future you will not be deleting this method....PEACE TO THE PLANET

Text will always be available wildfire... it is the basis to the web. You need not ever worry about that happening.

Wow it really sounds cool. I'm kind of nervous about it as well wildfire but overall it sounds like a positive change and an improvement. Thanks Anthony.

The new software for recording video/audio and so on. Is it now ready for use? Wondering, as I wish to test Evie's camera and microphone this weekend. Or - may I test it without the new software?

Jim.

Hey Jim, the video/audio software is not yet operational due to flashcoms still not releasing the new site email system as yet. It was supposed to be released yesterday, though obviously delayed.

As it stands now, the site is now running off the new dedicated server, the forum software is updated to the latest version, the server has the new Wowzamediapro FMS software installed and running for the video/audio applications, though currently still uses the third party company.

The only thing I am awaiting at present is for flashcoms to first release this new site email program, because if it is what I hope it is, then I will have them update and install all at once, instead off update the current version and route it too the wowzamediapro FMS then have to come back and install new software. It is cheaper to do it all at once and less downtime that way.

Once they have finalized their new releases, I will look at them, see whether or not they will do what I want them too, and whether their price is appropriate or not, then make decisions based on that.... then book installation / upgrade with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back