1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hullo - Cousin and Friend with PTSD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TinCanCommando, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinCanCommando

TinCanCommando Member

Hullo all. My cousin Evie/batgirl is a member here, also my dad, Jim. Thought I'd join the family bandwagon. I don't suffer from PTSD, but Evie does obviously, and my good friend has combat fatigue, won't leave his farm because of it.

I'm in the Canadian Forces military police, divorced with one son. In my job I see a lot of guys with problems that are likely trauma related. I try to help out when I can. I'm looking forward to more insight on PTSD from participating in this forum.

Cheers, Brian

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Brian!

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have another family member! I'm sure you'll learn lots and can teach us a lot as well. LOL, I'd like to hide on a farm like your freind is!!

bec

4. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

OMG Brian is on the forum... I guess that's what happens when I sleep in the afternoon lol.

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

LOL Evie... Welcome on board Brian, and remember bec I hid on mine, still did not work!

6. becvan

*sticks tongue out at Veiled*

it was a nice dream.. lol

bec

7. permban0077

Hey bec, they should be forclosing soon, bet you could get it for a song... Just don't mind the busted windows and a few holes in the walls... I hear a nutty woman was living there. Some anger issues or something like that.

8. TinCanCommando

TinCanCommando Member

The farm isn't so fantastic I don't think. Greg can't leave and needs people to bring things to him. I'd hate to see what happens if he gets sick and needs the hospital, I think we'd have to drag him out of there in handcuffs and a straight jacket.

Thanks for the welcome, Brian

9. becvan

May I ask how long he has been there? Have you had any luck with attempting to get him out (stop booby-trapping would be good too.)

bec

10. TinCanCommando

TinCanCommando Member

Pretty well since he got back from OS which is 4 years now. He spent a short time on Davey Street in Vancouver but thankfully came to his senses a little. It's hard trying to get him out. Myself and others have tried but he can be violent. He's not breaking the law currently so legally we can't force him. He's not receiving any kind of treatment, just smoking reefers and drinking himself silly. He did perk up a bit when I brought Evie to him the other day, but he tried to get her smoke up with him which needless to say I didn't appreciate.

11. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum, brian. i am just in awe of y'alls family. so glad that batgirl has you for support.
    cathy

12. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

TCC,

welcome Brian glad to hear u r getting info & helping others w/PTSD. It's a real learning experience.

I am glad yr family sticks together.

Take Care

D (wildcritter)

13. permban0077

Brian,

Smoke aside I think it would do both of them good to keep the contact up between them and foster it. It would help if they don't "feed" off each other symptom wise. But like us here finding each other, one on one and face to face would have to help knowing someone really gets it.