1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hurricanes Hit Florida - Tornado Actually

Discussion in 'Social' started by Scott_Fraser, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

I've just heard on the news that hurricanes have hit Florida, I hope that you and I will be thinking about our Forum Friends that live in that State, lets have some goods vibes for their safety.
    Scott

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Scott_Fraser

Correction to that thread. Its Tornados hot Florida.
    Scott

4. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Tornadoes is right. They hit north of central Florida. Lots of damage...but at least the government is right on top of it and helping out. Unfortunately 20 people died. Sometimes winter storms can be quick and wicked here in Florida.

BTW-hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th. And after going through the 2004 and 2005 season-they can just stay the hell away. Four hurricanes per season in those years. Yuck! The usual is one per season hitting somewhere in the state. We had two go over us. What a mess!

5. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I was in a tornado when I was 12. It was ****ing scary!! My dad and I were in a car on the highway, trying to drive away from the storm, only the funnel cloud was coming nearer and nearer to us, and we couldn't get away from it. So my dad parked the car close to an underpass, grabbed me and we hid under the bridge in this little alcove area. The funnel cloud went right through the bridge area, but luckily missed us because we were in the alcove. It was SO loud!! I still have nightmares about it sometimes. It totally destroyed our car.

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Very lucky Evie as contrary to popular belief that is a very dangerous place to be!

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

hehehe, when I was very little (maybe five?) my dad, brother and I were coming back from a lake. Dad was drinking and drove through a small tornadeo. It was very very small. Dad was yehawing! LOL. It wasn't very scary more fascianting for me. I only remember little bits of it. However, that was a super tiny one. It shook the car and that was about it.. I think it was probably just forming or something..

bec

8. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

OH REALLY?? God. My dad always said it was safe, that's why we hid there. Wow so we were very lucky then. We are not tornado people... don't know much about them, just happened to be in that area at the time.

Oh yeah I've seen those, there are a lot of them here in the summer, we call them dust devils. They're generally about 15 feet tall and they pick up bits of rubbish to swirl around. I saw an old lady knocked done by one once.

9. permban0077

Always remember tornadoes means ditch, laying in a ditch is much safer. Ehhh tornadoes I know. always had them by my house, knock on wood it does not keep up here... In Kansas right? LOL

10. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Well, Dorothy... :tongue:

11. Scott_Fraser

Good one Marlene, Follow the Yellow Brick Road and such. Thankfully Tornadoes are fairly rare over here, we do get them, but not on the same scale as the States.
    Its unusual to get them this time of year, isn't it.
    Scott:hello:

12. permban0077

If you have good thunderstorms down South it is always possible for a tornado to pop up, not really a tornado season per say like there is a hurricane season. May still be in Tornado Alley but I am out of Hurricane paths now at least!