• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Husband Has PTSD... Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this one.. lol sorry slow on the posting today:

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread5613.html#post42709[/DLMURL]

i can see how some people can separate PTSD and secondary PTSD, but i also think that in some situations someone can have both in various degrees.

A lot of my issues are from secondary PTSD, however, after getting beat and battered, especially after a severe beating, someone can develop PTSD symptoms. each incident of physical abuse is traumatic. and 3 years of it can really affect someone. and every situation is different. i dont take anything away from anyone who has PTSD or secondary PTSD. each has their own sitaution and no 2 situations are exactly the same. if 2 people standing together saw or went thru something traumatic, one may be affected more then the other. as in the case of the US army. a unit will be in hardcore combat and see and experience the same thing, but only a few of them develop PTSD.

And from my experience living with my husband and his PTSD, i can relate to him in a lot of ways, not every way, but we do share a lot of the same feelings and issues. I am not the kind of person who will say I relate to EVERYTHING you are going thru. i might be able to relate to a few things, but no one can ever relate fully to someone elses experiences.

the counselor i was refered to see after the last incident between my husband and i, did an intake assessment and diagnosed me with PTSD and depressive tendancies. its just a mild degree, but she has never mentioned secondary whatsoever. so my apt today, im going to ask her about it.

this is a thread i posted when i first found this group last year... it might explain a little bit of whats happened to me even before i met my husband and he deployed... and why i think the way i do now.

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread250.html[/DLMURL]

Ah thank you for sharing that, I hadn't realized you had been here last year! Suppose it would help if I looked at your join date! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back