• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hypersensitivity is Making me Crazy Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandora

MyPTSD Pro
Holy cow. I am just wondering if anyone else experiences this type of sensitivity.............everyone sounds like they are speaking loud, the tv seems loud, Everytime my fridge or air conditioner make a noise, or the tv channel gets a bit louder, any little thing today makes me feel like there is a big ball of acid in my stomach and it just "drops" My son also has autism and can be quite loud at times or sometimes he has a high pitched sqeal for a lot of things in fact but today i am jumoing out of my own skin. Does anyone else get it this bad?

YES YES YES !!!

or perhaps that should be yes yes yes (so I'm not yelling at you!)

It makes me feel all scratchy inside. Every noise amplified. I especially hate walking thru a crowd of people and they are all talking, sniffing, coughing, BREATHING. How dare they?!

I don't get it every day but from time to time.

Im getting this right now actually! Someone rang the doorbell before and i had a full on anxiety attack! argh!
Does anyone else get the whole wanting everything to shut up even when there is nothing going on? Or am i just weird?!

Pandora,

Sorry that you are going through this right now. I think that our bodies, and minds can only take so much, and we go into sensory overload.....

You said that your son has Autism....I have a grandson that has Aspergers.......They are such wonderful children. Autism and all.....

Wen

pandora,
I've been there, too... the whole jumping out of your skin feeling is horrible... i know!!
Have you tried any relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation?? Also, maybe you could speak to your therapist about the different meds that are available to you for the anxiety/panic... just a few suggestions... i will pray for you to feel better!!

God bless,
Josh

I do relaxation. It really was a not so good day yesterday and I did do this when I went to bed but I didn't in the day. I didn't even feel all that anxious but my body was reacting to every noise. i don't know if that makes sense at all. I used to HAVE a lot more anxiety and i used to take atenolol for the shaking and I do not now. I still take ativan prn but the shaking has improved immensely.

Yes, I get hypersensitive like this, too, some days. Everything seems too loud. It physically hurts. The phone ringing will almost set off an anxiety attack.

I have noticed that too. I am not really sure if it a chicken or the egg type thing (which came first?) to anxiety or panic. I mean we know we have a more sensitive startle but when it gets to be every little thing... I think our nerves are tuned up a bit extra when we are teetering. It may be from lack of sleep or extra stress but the body seems to be on guard and we don't even know it.

For example I flipped out because I could not see right or look at anything lighted tonight. I was seeing halos from what seemed like a camera flash. When I talked to my husband he pointed out I was having the first signs of an attack as my pupils were widening, and it was indeed followed up with an attack. Now I have had this symptom for so long and never put two and two together. Only reason he did was he took my son to the eye doc and he was complaining about them putting those drops in his eyes causing the same thing.

Maybe you can see a pattern if you think about it? But I agree no one seems to let us know except from experience that everything is over the top. I mean I heard a butterfly next to my ear about a week ago and came out of my skin. So if I hear a butterfly flapping... Just chalk it up to a pain in the ass we have to learn to cope with and you aren't alone.

Every minute of every day, I experience this.

I can't stand noise, sudden movements, the door knocking, phone ringing etc...

If ya'll figure out how to slow this train down.. let me know.

bec

HI,

yup, my hubby experiences the loud noises, phones, quick movements as triggers sometimes...more often than not actually. Headaches, anxiety, etc. usually follow, sometimes shakes etc

cure??? I have no clue... I'm the wife and along for the ride, I try to help whenever possible, but that's about it. I love him and I am here for him thru good & bad.
Not much else I can do..

D

Some days every unexpected noise makes me jump or twitch. The loudness level of the TV goes up and down with shows and commercials. Too loud makes me feel jumpy. My husband has even relinquished control of the 'clicker' so I can turn the TV up or down as needed. It's like my system is on full alert and one extra stimulation is just one too much.

The last couple of weeks quick movements have been rough for me to handle. In fencing class I'm fine when I'm doing drills or practicing new moves. But when things are moving quickly (as they tend to when your fencing a bout) it's like my brain slows down and the other person is a second or so ahead of me. It becomes another thing that's just 'too much' at the moment. I have to stop and walk away for a few minutes.

Lisa

I hear ya.....the phone is what does me in.......can't stand the stupid thing. My wife gets cross sometimes because I turn it off....

Funny, I was thinking the other night about what it would be like to return to a simpler way.....no electricity, no applainces running, no TV blaring in the back-ground.......I think I would keep the flush toilets though......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back