• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hypersensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel as though their nerves are now hypersensitive? Even if nothing is physically there, the pain or ache or electric shock lingers...sometimes for hours. Ever since my body began to express PTSD, my feet easily overheat, sweat, and they always feel like they're going to blister. There is never a blister there, but the feeling is nevertheless, very real. My feet always hurt. They never did until after the trauma.

Anyone else experience stuff like this? My therapist has no idea why I have this...

Yes, definitely and constantly. It is very annoying. Sound and bright light is the worst for me. Concentration is my biggest issue at the moment, and I feel those two issues are connected. When I finally approached a doctor to get help with all my stuff, I thought I might be on the autism spectrum because of all my sensory issues. It sucks. Bigtime.

I can relate to the hypersensitivity. In the beginning of this rather rugged journey, I was numb emotionally but my body ached and groaned in ways I'd never known it to. Fibromyalgia.
When I started to feel again, my body grew quieter but now I am too hypersensitive emotionally!
It drives me crazy!! But I'm thinking this too may get easier if I ever get to feel safe again.
I think it's all distress signals that tell you to be careful and to look after yourself. majes sense when you think about it.
theres a lot of mystery in the body mind connection, it def makes itself heard when it's had enough!!

Are you on meds? If so, have you double checked the side effects? As well as looking for pain or sweating, look out for circulation or nerve issues (pain in the feet or hands is often a circulation or nerve issue).

If your feet actually are sweating, the feeling that they're blistering could be because they are on the verge of blistering. Blisters are most often caused by moisture (sweat) and friction (rubbing in your shoes). Changing the type of shoes (and socks if you wear them) might help. Make sure they're a good fit and made of a breathable material.

It may well be body memory stuff, but it helps to rule out potential physical ailments as well, so do mention it to your GP next time you visit.

I think it's important to remember that (most) therapists aren't medical doctors and have no medical training. Some may not even have taken basic science classes depending upon what their educational program required. Many don't understand the physical/medical part of PTSD.

But yes, PTSD is a physical damaging to the nervous system (which unfortunately doesn't heal or is slow to heal-----just the reality of the nervous system)------so that's why you're experiencing these symptoms.

Yes. Deep sigh.

Honey, therapists have training but they have no idea what it is like to be inside of a PTSD body. Getting a very experienced trauma therapist is the only way to avoid feeling like therapy is = :banghead:

Sweaty is usually a sign of anxiety, and it can coincide with feeling cold off an on as well.

Hot flashes in palm and soles has been a symptom of being triggered into body memories of what the fear felt like, just in my body.

Sorry you are having this. Going to therapy can dredge up the anxiety levels with fear of tipptoeing around traumatic memories.

Are you on meds? If so, have you double checked the side effects? As well as looking for pain...
I am not on any medications. I don't want to be. But in regards to my feet, and having danced for 13 years before the trauma, I wear quality shoes and they're comfortable. I always look for breathable material and use loads of powders. My feet just never needed any of this special attention before.

Electric shock pain and aching sounds like some form of neuropathy and I'd get it checked out. Could be as simple as a particular vitamin deficiency (for some reason, my image of you in my head is a pretty iber-healthy kinda gal, but you never know) or spinal degen (which may be sped up a little for you with the dancing history?).

But 13 yrs of dancing and now unexplained blistering-like pain in your feet could (alternatively) well be body memory stuff. Might be worth exploring that with your T as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back