• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News I’m Gonna Need You To Fight Me On This: How Violent Sex Helped Ease My Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Here
"[DLMURL="http://www.good.is/post/how-violent-sex-helped-ease-my-ptsd/"]I’m Gonna Need You to Fight Me On This: How Violent Sex Helped Ease My PTSD[/DLMURL]"
Go to Google and run a search for that. I cannot post links. By a female journalist named Mac McClelland.

Has anyone read this article? I really want to know what you guys think of it. This female journalist went thru some situations in Haiti and elsewhere and was diagnosed with PTSD. The clincher is how she and her therapist approach it.

So okay, this is *not* an easy read, and this is NOT FOR EVERYONE TO READ.

If you trigger easily in response to women's suffering issues, you might want to avoid it altogether, or just skim it really really quickly, skipping over the stuff you know is going to upset you.

I am *not* advocating her approach. Do not take this as me advocating what she has to say as a solution for anyone.

I'm just curious what responses others have to the article.

And read the comments at the end of the article from other readers. They are revealing too.

<Edited by Anthony>

I didn't read what the article, but by the title I can see why this would help her if that is her trauma. Less power to her trauma, more power to her.

Makes sense to me!

Wow. That was an intense read. I don't know what I think, yet, my mind is kinda blown. Thank you for sharing, though.

Well, as I've admitted in the chat - my sexual preferences slip to the deviant side of things. I was sort of that way on some internal level before the assault. After, I enjoy doing such 'consensual non consent' things with my boyfriend. It seems to help

There is a difference in one slipping to the deviant side of things vs. what was accomplished within this specific article, where reinforcement of safety and cognitive processing was used.

When people are sexually abused, especially in childhood, its normal that they then abuse sex / are abused sexually, for a good proportion of their lives, as they place themselves in risky situations trying to "feel" something, even if that means getting reabused. Vastly different though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back