• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault I’m still scared of any man who is kind to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am particularly uncomfortable around men, myself, but I'm suspicious of just about anyone who is kind to me. I try to tell myself to be more objective, and not act on my paranoia, but I often just leave situations and isolate myself. I've been using isolation a lot to help deal with things but I know that it's not good to be doing that so much.

It was really hard the other day when I was in the elevator going down from physical therapy to leave. A guy was in the elevator, who also had come from the same physical therapy place, and started talking to me. I don't even remember what he said - this was probably due to my uncomfortableness around men, his talking to me, and the fact it was in an elevator, which is an enclosed space I'm already uncomfortable in without anyone in it but myself.

Are you seeing a therapist? I don't really have much to offer in regards to dealing with it, but know you're not alone in feeling those things.

Therapy therapy therapy

Sorry wish I could offer more but there are some things we are not meant to have to handle on our own. You deserve to have someone help you figure this out .

I agree with what was said by @Freida and @Tibergrace . Therapy is needed. I've tried to do this healing journey at times without a T yet I always return to one. I can't go it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back