• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Am Really Nasty Off My Meds :/?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCray

Learning
My psychiatrist won't Prescribe more meds until I make an appointment. Which is tomorrow but I've been waiting all week. I take Zoloft. I'm noticing especially in the last few hours I'm having really obnoxious and petty thoughts. There's this person who I hate with all my being, on or off my medicine. She's complete trash (I'm sorry, that's the nicest way to put it. I'm holding back as much as I can.) she has harassed me on multiple occasions, followed me to work, tried to get me institutionalized when I clearly didn't need it,told my parents that due to my mental illness they are failures,she hoards animals,she sexually harassed my best friend on multiple occasions. I could go on. Long story short, after she called me day and night when I warned her not to, I blocked her number from all the phones including house and cell phone. I was just thinking of how much I hate her because I can't sleep. Then I went through her social networks online and thought to myself "you should die." That's not acceptable..even for a low life like her. If I were to say things like that..I would become the person I hate most. Prior to that I was thinking of a bunch of annoying little things my best friend does and how much it pisses me off. I want to shake the irritable mood off. I'm just not sure how..I hope I can get better before I go into work in approximately 6 hours! On a side note..I also have put thought into quitting smoking. Has anyone here had the same experience with Zoloft withdrawal and being angry? And is anyone else a smoker or former smoker? If so, any tips for quitting?! It's the only way I know how to cope with flashbacks as of right now

@McCray , I don't think a few hours off Zoloft would make you feel so angry. Other than this woman hassling you, what else may be going on that is upsetting you? Sounds like you know your thoughts are irrational.... if you feel like you would act on that, what is your plan to seek help first?
I wouldn't suggest trying to quit smoking until you have spoken with your T. I smoke, but don't want to quit. So I would be no help on that one.

How many doses have you missed, and how much do you take.

I notice my anxiety increase after about 15hrs from missing a dose but I'm on a small amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back