• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Did It - First Step Intro - Brain Surgery to Hit By Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

juls

Confident
Hi, my name is Juls. Fifteen years ago, I underwent emergency surgery for an AV malformation on my brain-stem and completely recovered. Three years ago, I was struck by a car while riding my bicycle. I suffered a concussion, knee injury, hip, shoulder and neck injuries.
Last year, I was rear-ended,and shoved into two cars in front of me, totaling my car. I suffered a whiplash and back injuries.
I still go to work, but suffer short term memory loss, headaches, and neck and back pain. I fear of being involved in another accident. I won't leave my house alone and spend most of the time isolated from others, even my husband whom I love dearly. I am very depressed. I used to be very active--bike riding, jogging, golfing, etc., but don't do any of these things now. I just can't explain it and have been visiting the forum trying to answer some of my questions.

Welcome Juls, and congrats on taking that first step. Glad to have you hear. Wow ha... did you invest in lotto tickets at all during this? You had to have some goodluck in their somewhere you'de think... doh!

When things go bad for me, I go buy a lotto ticket... just to test the theory. Hasn't worked yet though...

No, Anthony, I haven't won the lottery, either. I don't know that even winning the lottery would make me feel better.

Welcome juls, this is a place to get many questions answered regarding PTSD. Hope you continue to join us and do find answers. Sorry you have such depression and isolation. It's not unusual though. Many of us with PTSD suffer with this. There is great hope though, and there is healing and I'm wishing you well.

Hi Juls, welcome to the forum!

Sit back and relax a bit...engage in some chit chat. Soon you'll learn more than you ever wanted to...and you'll help others in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back