• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault I don't know if i was molested

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pam Dawson

When I was around 8 or 9, my cousin who was around 14 at the time told me we were going to play a game. He made me lie on the ground and then he got on top of me and started humping me and grinding his crotch into mine. We were both fully clothed and I didn't really know what was happening, I just thought it was a boring game and asked him to stop. He carried on for another 5 minutes and then got off of me.
I'm almost 17 now and that event has always been in the back of my mind. I definitely know that what he did was really bad, but molestation or assault seems like such a big word and I really don't know if that's the word I should use. I'm trying to come to terms with what happened, so if anyone could help clarify if what he did is assault or me being molested or something else that would be really helpful.

You were molested, sexually assaulted, manipulated, sexually assaulted, assaulted... take your pick.

I think the real food for thought is how did it affect you and how do you feel about it, diction be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back