• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault I don't know what to do now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's hurtful to assume that it is a man who is assaulting a woman. These kinds of attitudes keep the world of sexual assault in the dark ages and prevent "atypical" ( i.e. non female victims amongst others) from coming forward. The OPs name is "Tom".......... Based on what has been posted, it's very possible that this was a same sex encounter. It may be a minor slip of a pronoun to you, but just ask any trans person. Pronouns do matter, they matter a lot. (I am a victim of an "atypical" sexual assault and it is a battle to receive acceptance and recognition as someone who doesn't fit society's mold of the assumed victim/perp profile.)

goto the police? why would you think you could do that? you had an experience you wished you hadnt taken part in - but you did it willingly, there was zero force or coercian - at least not from your post. You would tarnish someone and blame them for their part in an event you both took part in willingly? Seriously? Im sorry but thats ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back