• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Feel Like I Am Going Crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
I just feel strange. I have been feeling like I am coming down with something, like a flu or stomach virus, but that is by far not at all what is making me feel crazy. It all started last night at choir practice. I suddenly felt hopeless and that I would never be able to learn this newest song we are supposed to be singing on Easter morning.

WHen I got home, it got worse, I started thinking about what the future would be like some 4 yrs from now. I am 60 and 2 of my grandparents lived to be about a hundred. I got scare by what this world might be like in 40 years. THe future looks kind of bleak, thinking in terms of our country's economy and also what the book of Revelation in the Bible says the end times will be like. If you have read it, you probably have an inkling of what I am talking about. If not, I suggest that you do read it.

I just need some kind of anchor. I feel as if I am adrift at sea without a wheel to steer this ship I am on. Can anyone relate?

I can relate to you. For me this morning was just fine but towards the middle of the day it feels like my brain just turned off and I feel like I'm in this dismal place where there isn't anything positive. Try listening/singing your favorite worship song or reading your favorite passage. For me my favorite passage is Psalms 121. God is here with us and he will never leave us. I can totally relate in being scared of what the world will be like. I'm only 26 and I have two sons, one that is three years old and one that is one year old. I will be praying for you and please say a prayer for me.

Thanks, and I will pray for you too, no problem there. I was not fortunate enough to be able to have kids, so I envy you there. I feel so all alone sometimes, now that my husband of 23 yrs has passed away. These were supposed to be the "golden yrs" and instead I feel the way I do. It is a lonely time for me sometimes. Other times I find things to keep me busy. I go to our local Senior Center. I do enjoy that, although it is a low key kind of thing. Playing Bingo was not my idea of how I would spend my retirement!

@SheilaKathy we are the same age. I find my mind traveling into the future too. How can I possibly last another thirty years? I'm trying to live life one day at a time. I have future plans but don't dwell on prophesies or doom and gloom. Been there, done that!! I am drawn to Eastern philosophy because it is loving and hopeful. Well, anyway, today is a gift. You enjoy being in the choir I'm sure you will learn your part. Practice, practice-right?

I just need some kind of anchor. I feel as if I am adrift at sea without a wheel to steer this ship I am on.

I am Christian and don't take the Bible literally so I cannot really relate to what you said and revelations... but I can relate to being very scared about the future.
Climate change, the economy, wars, just watching the news can be scary.

There is a hymn I like very much and I learned it when I was a member of a christian youth group. We learned a lot of hymns both in foreign languages and in ours and one of my favourite English hymns was "Does your anchor hold in the storms of life?". It is about how Christ is our anchor. Very comforting to my mind.

I lack religion in my life but can relate to the feelings as well. It is very hard to stay positive when we witness so much evil and negative in life. I dont really have any roots, I dont belong anywhere, and Im not grounded, which of course is enough to cause fear and anxiety. My grandma lived to nearly 100, my mother to 80, one sister only 29 when she died and another was 63 when she passed June 24 of pancreatic cancer. I physically feel like she looked just before she passed. Fast heartbeat doing a flight of steps and severe bone pain (hers was different but I also lost 25 pounds in last few months). Im not afraid of death but of living on and being unable to make decisions anymore.

My pastor(s) always remind us to stay in today. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is yet to be. The programs tell us that as well. Today is enough. I remember reading in Jesus Calling recently about leaving the future to God and staying content in today with Him. I wish I could remember the date of the entry. If you don't have this devotional, I highly recommend it. It has been a lifesaver. It may have been October 17th, but I know there are entries related to this. One of my pastors says he worries his prayers. I think that's hysterical, but understand it fully as I am a planner. I wish you peace in today, without worrying about tomorrow. Luke 12: 22-26. Blessings - VB

I can't say much on the book of revelations. I have read it, but admittedly it was years ago. I may read it again, but it isn't my favourite book. I find that it's a bit depressing.

On a more constructive note, I wanted to ask if maybe you're over-rehearsing? Is there another song you can rehearse for a bit? Then go back to the one you're struggling with when it's not so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back