1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I Got Angry This Morning

Discussion in 'Social' started by Portabella, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

and it seems to have set my mood for the entire day. My son (6 y.o.) was waiting on the grass outside his classroom door. At his school, the Kindergarten doors lead to the outside, so this is where the kids line up when the bell rings starting school in the morning. Well, I pull up and let him out as he likes to run and play with the other children in this grassy area before the bell rings. He has been doing this every day for weeks. There is a play ground directly behind the building, but it is poorly supervised and has two entrances, one that parents use and one around the back in a far off cubbie that is just their plan laziness that it is not fenced to leave just one opening in an out. Perfect spot for a Predator to grab a child.

So...back to my story. My son exited our car and went to play on the grass (approx. 3 acres) and he knows that it is my rule to stay to the side by his classroom doors. Well, he was out for about 2 minutes when this Hispanic teacher passes, and stops to say something to him. Next thing I know he is screaming to me as I am sitting in my car watching him as I do everyday until he gets into his classroom. So, right as he yells across the street to me very upset, I stand up half in an half out of my car and the lady turns to me and looked guilty to say the least. Then she walks on and goes into the front of the school. My older son goes across the street and retrieves my son as the teacher had told my son to "go to the playground". One small problem here. Who the hell is she. There are 30 other children playing on that grass and she singles out my Logan. I was pissed to no end. So, I waited an watched to see if the other children would get shooed away by any school authority. Nope. My son was discriminated against. So, I told my son to go with my younger son and let him play on the grass as I marched my pissed off ass into the school. The principal was not going to be in for 20 minutes as he had been delayed today, so I sat my ass down and stared down the secretary. After about five minutes she asked me to please step to the hallway so that she could do the national anthem announcement. NO problem. Eventually the Principal arrived and I told him what had happened, although not as composed as I might have beem if I had not have to wait on his tardy ass. I only cursed 1 time and I was proud of me for that. I told him that when the teacher realized that his parent had actually witnessed her discriminate against him, she looked at me like she had just taken a big bite full of Shit and was forced to hold it there. Deer in the headlights for sure. So....I told him that I do want answers. I was advised by him that they do like the Kinders to play in the grass outside the doors as that is where they are supposed to be. So, I advised him that I would like to speak with her also, but not today as I felt a bit of distance/time would make it not so hard for me to control my anger. He then said, how about I have her call you tonight. Nope.....Want to speak with her face to face. So....8 a.m. I get to have a chat with a discriminating Hispanic lady who happens to be the head of "NO Child left behind" well my son was left behind today. He cryed in the car as he watched children play on the grass. I do not expect an apology, I expect her to apologize to my son, while I and the principal watch. If not, I guess its going to the school board, the newspapers and beyond as my son is Native American and what the heck I will use it if I have to. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Portabella

Okay, so here is part 2. Come to find out it was not the hispanic lady, it was a different lady also a teacher. My sister in law works at the school and advised me of such. So.....tomorrow morning I will be waiting at the school bright and early for my son to pick out the discriminating party. I then am going to walk up and get her name. Then I will go to the office and apologize to Mrs. Castillas and then rock and roll on the new subject that offended me an my son. I hate to have to do this as I am usually quite passive, but this was over the line.

4. madjon

madjon Active Member

so how did it go?

5. Portabella

It went. I was not especially proud of how I controlled/handled myself. However, I am proud as I did not curse or get violent and that is always a plus. I heard that all the Kindergarten teachers had lunch together and discussed me, but in the same breath, she was wrong. I guess I kinda scared her, but in all honesty I think that was my intention. So shame on me. Oh well, they won't be discriminating against my son in the future. If you really want to know I will tell you but, some things may be better left unsaid. Maybe I will want to talk about it more tomorrow.

6. madjon

madjon Active Member

no worries if you dont want to talk, as long as you feel its been resolved thats a good thing