1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I Got It! - The B.A. In Biology And Chemistry

Discussion in 'Accomplishments' started by Linda, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Ok, so there is my greatest sucess.
    Just a week ago I had finished my last school semester, and got all A's for the classes I had taken: biochemistry, medical microbilogy, plus two gen ed courses (had no doubt about the grade for the later ones).
    Now, I am a B.A. with a major in biology and a minor in chemistry, and a GPA of 3.6. My commensement is going to take place on Saturday, and I will be there. In a week, a friend of mine throws a huge party for me, and I thing that will be a pleasant event.
    Well, the last few weeks while in school I recieved a few pretty upsetting, can say triggering news, both personal and general. I also lived through a VERY bad thing, I will not describe this, but it was something I was afraid almost the most, and it happened right before my final exams. I however handled everything well, and managed to put my school work first.
    So, now I am very proud of myself, and so is my sweet husband and all my family.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

WOW Linda that's ****ing awesome, on both accounts. The degree is a major accomplishment, especially with such a high GPA, and to complete all your exams in spite of having bad triggers that is just so great. I'm so glad you handled it well. Congratulations, you have every reason to be proud.

4. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

What a wonderful accomplishment Linda! And very well done to get through your exams in spite of the bad stressors. Congratulations to you.

5. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Way to go, Linda! Congratulations!!

6. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

Superb Linda! Well done. You should be very proud of your achievement.

7. kers

kers I'm a VIP

Congratulations!

All your hard work has paid off.

8. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!
    Evie and Kathy, I know you are undergoing the hard time now.
    My thoughts are with you guys. I do not have time to answer your threds, but do read them. Please be strong.
    Linda

9. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Thanks Linda, that means a lot to us. Congratulations again on your awesome accomplishment!

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Not necessary to explain yourself Linda. However. Thank you for the wishes. Much appreciated. And extremely well done on your graduation. You are obviously of strong character. Good on you!

Jim.

11. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:wink: Great Going!!!! I'm soooo glad for your success!!!! I have an associates degree in Liberal Arts that I got in 1974....so it's been awhile...and long before the PTSD kicked in....oh...I was still being molested by my father...What is your secret for dealing with the stress of exams and papers deadlines???? I seem to fold when I get stressed:eek: ...Do you have any suggestions as how I could de-stress enough to do well in school??? Truthfully I'd be happy with passing with C's....I want to get my BA in Social Work and then pass the state test for LISW [Licensed Independent Social Worker] But the thought of failing because of the stress and ensuing intensity of my PTSD symptoms have kept me from even trying....What are your plans now??.... KEEPING THE PEACE

12. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

kickin ass! Way to go!

13. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Way to go Linda... well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar