1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I Got To Meet hercules3of4

Discussion in 'Social' started by Marlene, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hercules3of4 and I live on opposite sides of Tampa Bay, FL. Through PM chats, we decided to meet at her apartment complex. They were having a complex-wide yard sale. So it was a two-fer for me. I get to meet one of the forum members and do some long overdue yard saling!

Herc is a very lovely lady with a great laugh and smile. After I hit all of the tables and had my bags of goodies, she and I sat behind her tables (and under a big umbrella...BTW, Herc-thanks for that!) and chatted about anything and everything. It was such a nice way to spend a few hours on a Saturday.

We both joked about a few days of raised anxiety about meeting someone new but we were both glad we took this step. I'm pretty proud of both of us. BTW-Herc, thanks for trusting me enough to let me into your space.

Lisa

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. map9

map9 Active Member

Congratulations

That is so wonderful! Bless both of you and thanks Lisa for sharing this great step in both of your lives. I enjoy yard sales and wish I could have been there too! Love, map9

4. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

I Got To Meet Marlene

Well, spent a very pleasant day with Marlene. After much anxiety and sheer terror that I had just invited Jack the ripper into my life, I set up my yard sale and waited for some weird or strange person to show up. Marlene and I had been chatting and decided we should meet since we lived so close to each other. So she drove over from Tampa, Fla to St. Pete so she could go shopping at my apartment complex yard sale. I waited nervously for her to show up, sold some stuff, and then I felt that someone was staring at me. I looked up there stood a lovely lady with a beautiful, friendly smile. It has been quite a while since I have even had a friend especially one a nice as Marlene. We enjoyed our day in the sun so to speak. It finally dawned on me that I had brought an umbrella, so before we fried I put it up and got us out of the sun. Sorry Marlene, hope you did not get to sun burned. I am completely fried. My shoulders and the back of my neck are beet red and they hurt. Just had to get in a little whinning, ya know. Saturday was the first time I have ever really sat down and talked with someone who KNOWS what this illness is like. Trying to explain the fear and the panic attacks to someone who does not have them is truly impossible. I will never forget how if felt to have someone who REALLY knows how I feel. Marlene, I will never be able to thank you enough for sharing you life, your feelings and your time with a total stranger. You are truly a good and caring person. Thank you!

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Well done Marlene and Herc, really well done. Its great to hear of members meeting up with one another and finding out that more does exist from just online chat, and that meeting people in the flesh is far superior for our health. So proud of you both.

6. Marlene

Herc,

Glad I came over. I had a really good time. The sunburn wasn't too bad to begin with and is fading quickly.

Speaking in person with someone that 'gets it' was something that was quite novel for me as well. I think that's why we kept laughing because we were all set to do our usual explaination about the hows and whys and then realized we didn't have to.

Thanks for the invitation!

Lisa

7. Marlene

Thanks...I'm still pretty stoked about the whole thing and proud of us, too!

Lisa

8. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Congrats guys thats so great that you got to see the fac behind the chat and get to know one another, i am envious, great job both of you takes alot of courage