1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I guess i'm looking for advise? dealing with situational panic

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Hypervigilance' started by CoffeeCat, Dec 7, 2017.

1. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat Member

Hi there,

So life has kind of fallen apart around me. Not in one huge way but in a bunch of small ways.

My Birthday and Christmas are coming up and socializing is very draining for me still. I can deal.

The guy I'm seeing occasionally asked me to be his girlfriend and to see me more often. Had to have the "what I can and cannot handle talk" & currently dealing with questions and butthurt boy. I can deal

My Mother who is my rock is suddenly being rushed into surgery for disc in her back that have deteriorated and shifted. She's lost sensation in some of her body. Surgery is Friday in a very large city. She was supposed to have an MRI, no one called her for one. I CANNOT DEAL.

I feel like I'm drowning. I've tried all of my usual coping strategies as well as distraction and medication. Nothing is helping, I've been up for roughly 55 hours. What the flip do I do?!

Diagnosed with: PTSD, Depression, Eating disorder, ASD
    Taking: Medical Marijuana, Sertraline, Occasional Lorazepam

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Recovery4Me

Recovery4Me Be present and stay calm! Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Trust comes in many forms and that is often hard for some. :hug: Trust in the doctor for your Mom is needed, trust in yourself for resilience, and trust perhaps in the new possible relationship. Big steps with needed self compassion inorder to perhaps be gentle on yourself.

Sending prayers for all to go well for your Mom and for you to find the rest you need shortly.

EveHarrington, IamJenna and CoffeeCat like this.
  4. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat Member

Thank you so very much, I really needed that <3 I'll try my best.

Recovery4Me likes this.
  5. Recovery4Me

Recovery4Me Be present and stay calm! Premium Member Sponsor $100+

:hug: You’ve got this...really! You are stronger than you know. One day at a time and let us know how your Mom does.:)

Show Sidebar