• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I have ptsd ... i can't do this anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you CAN do this. It's not a death sentence unless you choose it to be so. I know first hand how it feels as if you'd be better off dead than feel the pain and despair you're experiencing right now. But if you can just hang on and sit with the pain and listen to what it's trying to teach you you will overcome it and it will get better. Remember feelings are temporary. This too shall pass. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Hang in there don't give up and don't give in. How can we help you stay alive and learn to smile again? ((((hugs)))) if you want them. God bless you xx

Yes you CAN do this. It's not a death sentence unless you choose it to be so. I know first hand...
Totally agree here. PTSD waxes and wanes over periods of time. We can get a pretty good handle on things.

Noticed after my big onset looking back that there were aspects of my life they were pretty out of control. And therapy helped to manage all that. Meds to get it under control, therapy to cope with everything and solve some of my life’s problems.

And this forum has helped me a lot. We are all doing it and you can too I know it! Strive for better. The little things in life alone make it worthwhile, to me they do.

Though we go through life with PTSD not all aspects of life seem to be attached to it, all of us here on earth have to solve and work through our problems.

You are not alone! We experience hardship and like everyone else we experience the joys too!

Hang in there because you are worth it and life is worth it even with this thing we deal with. I have had periods of time where I almost forget I have this.

Everybody has something like that I think because none of us are perfect there’s always something wrong with all of us but that is OK. It has to be!

Other than title ... I have no words.
(((HUGS))) I feel ya, please hang in there! I’m 53, my ptsd started at age 5! I’m also dx Bi Polar 1 & ADD with a heaping dose of GAD thrown in fir goid measure :/. I’m merely existing at this point. One psych dr mentioned in passing that I may have ptsd about 10 years ago. When I asked what would cause it, he mentioned a life threatening experience, re curring nighmares..yada yada..so, i didn’t give it much thought as I only remember aprox 1 minute of the molestation then “poof” 2/3 of my life is blank. I only recalled that molestation at age 35 when 6 mos pregnant. When I came to find that I do in fact suffer tremendously from PTSD, well i was none too pleased!!! I cannot count the times I asked my drs (i’ve seen about 10 over the years) why am I not getting better? 2 mos ago I asked my dr, “ffs does this crap get worse?” He said no. And I thought well ok, guess this is my lot then...perhaps all the drug abuse caused brain damage & this is as good as its gonna get. Then i came across this Complex PTSD...and holy f*ck!!!!! Are you kidding me?!? WHAT HAVE I BEEN PAYING YOU PEOPLE FOR?!?! But, I got past that...at least PTSD unlike ADD & Bi Polar (incurable) can be helped & I have hope that i may function again. Sorry to ramble & rant. I find learning everything I can about it helps, gives me hope that one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back