• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I have to work some things out

• Thread starter Deleted member 44394
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I make a suggestion?

It seems like you’ve lumped multiple problems together in one thread. I think people may be able to help you more if you piece out the issues into different threads and ask for feedback that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everything everyone is saying. @Erics is suffering from old, unreso...

Yes, this is true. And thank you for responding with such astounding empathy to the situation. It's good to meet someone who understands 'that feeling'. These were such special times, trauma or no trauma...these were and are amazing places.

I want to say something else. That I suffered depression and still suffer all of my life. An event, something happened to me...early on to shock and traumatize me. Think that may have had something to do with how I am, especially in how I relate with my father.
And also resilience...why are some naturally more RESILIENT than others? That's a good question. I could've been then and am now but wasn't then. I just let depression take over. I am working on it...

Yes, this is true. And thank you for responding with such astounding empathy to the situation. It's good...
I wish you could see somebody to help you. Is there a college nearby where students about to graduate offer very cheap counseling?

American life has always depressed me and made me feel lonely, sad and frustrated and confused; I feel insecure also because of want of material things and feeling of separation/ competition.

I thought of this video. It is creative and i hope it makes you feel less alone. Its not your fault. Consumer driven society. The material consumer consumes endlessly, distorting our own identity and worth.

Takes place in town called Happyville
Kill the Noise - Kill It 4 The Kids (feat. AWOLNATION & R.City)

Happiness & rat race.. the 1st minute bit boring
Happiness

@Erics what strikes me the most about your description of say Turkey isn't the count...
Yes I do, that's the main thing that's affected me and that I'd like to get back. I suffer from very severe depression and ptsd/anxiety/emotion regulation issues and the like, they all kind of happened after I had. The social climate in the U.S. doesn't help, the lack of family interactions, and divided multiracial multicultural society, the rushed lifestyle, extreme emphasis on individualism and materialism which just adds to these problems, unhealthy foods, climate and angry stressed atmosphere. I'm just being honest. I think the U.S is an incubator of mental illness, physical illness, all kinds of illness. We are seeing this get worse. I've traveled the world and the only place I've found worse was communist China.

That's telling the truth. I'd like to get a position in Europe if I could. I don't think that should be too hard, now that I'm on medication..things should be easier, and I'm more focused and feel better. I honestly think if we had a healthier more connected social environment, things like mental illness wouldn't be such a problem here. We need social connection to be healthy, individualism just doesn't work. It just doesn't.

Yes I do, that's the main thing that's affected me and that I'd like to get back. I suffer from very seve...
As I've said before my husband is from Ireland. His sister has a PhD. It took her years to find a job and she lived in three different countries.

I'm not trying to discourage you I just want you to be realistic.

Once again, not about the work or PhD aspects, it's about Social Aspects. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself.

Somebody might actually listen to what I'm saying here, hopefully.

So what’s stopping you from just moving?????

I did, but you don’t say WHY you still live here when you dislike it so much, yet love other places. Or did I miss something?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back