1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I just.... ehhh

Discussion in 'Depression & Suicidality' started by Smile, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Ms Priss

Ms Priss Member

I broke down and called a crisis hotline the other day. Did not really want to but anxiety was getting the best of me. When I am that anxious the last thing on my mind is using the tools I have. We basically just chatted awhile which was good for me and helped me to get grounded. Of course she asked the standard questions about self-harm or harming others which I understand.

I got lucky because she was very personable and nonthreatening. We also made an agreement that someone from their agency would call me every other day for the next week which I greatly appreciate.

It turned out to be a positive thing for me and am glad I did it...I suppose I could have suffered through it by myself...have done that enough in the past...I am getting better at reaching out for help!!!!

Smile, leehalf and Sietz like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Smile

Smile Well-Known Member

Tks. I may try it. Maybe my bro can carve out some of his precious time to go with me tonight.
    I'm not worth fighting for. Believe me. My life consists of nothing.

4. Sietz

Sietz Active Member

Of course you're worth it. You're here, seeking help, fighting. Life is worth it.

C j likes this.
  5. Rain

Rain Most people long for love and acceptance Premium Member Generous $250+

I hope that your brother will take you, I am glad you might not go alone. I hope you find some good help to. If you do not believe you are worth it, then I will believe for you, until you can.:hug::hug:

search, C j and Sietz like this.
  6. Smile

Smile Well-Known Member

I'm only fighting because it's a human instinct we were all born with.

I don't understand how some people/religion decide that suicide is bad and poof! It is.

I've been on this world for quite a while now and don't think I'd be missing much if I left it

Rain likes this.
  7. Smile

Smile Well-Known Member

Also, had T session. She apologized for it being available. Doesn't think I should ever admit myself, unless I'm seriously going to harm. She says they will just send me home or they'll take me for a bit and drug me up-> she said that as a negative. To me, it's a positive

Rain likes this.
  8. Rain

Rain Most people long for love and acceptance Premium Member Generous $250+

@Smile I was wondering what happened at the ER? What happened to help you to feel like this again, are you able to give more details so I can understand where this is coming from. What did a religious person say or do to you? :hug:

Sietz and search like this.
  9. Smile

Smile Well-Known Member

I never ended up going into the ER. Sat outside it for an hour but I was too scared. It was night so I took a double dose of my sleeping pill, went home and felt manically better next day.

I impulsively booked a hotel for 2 days and that was good. Came back just in time for T session, aka real life. And so I'm back to feeling like I did.

Waiting for my "pill pusher" psychiatrist now.

Already took 12 mg of xanax today. Just trying to reach the numb mode.

I come from a religious family but no on has said anything about it to me. I was just talking about the world view in general

Rain likes this.
  10. Sietz

Sietz Active Member

I have suicidal ideation all the time, I'm not religious or slightly spiritual and I haven't decided suicide is bad.

I just think life is worth living, and also think that if you're asking for help is because you want it. You're fighting because you're human and have an instinct that tells you life is worth living. Bad days pass, life becomes bearable, bad days return, life becomes bearable again, it's a cycle we feel more than most, but in fact we learn how to appreciate life with what its got.

Who am I to say what your decision should be? I'm just saying you are worth it, just because you exist.