• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer I Just Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toni.m

hey guys my names Toni and I'm a 26yr old single mother who has just been diagnosed with c-ptsd. My biggest trouble is finding the motivation to leave the house. Even to get help. Lasted 4 sessions with the Phsyc and then the anxieties kicked in and again had trouble leaving the house. The guilt eats me alive as my daughter suffers for this. I dream of taking her to things like the zoo and out to dinner and everything my parents did with me. As other sufferers may know guilt turns into anger and self hate. Then the suicidal thoughts start happening and then I think of Kari and how this effects her and the whole thing starts again. I do take anti depressants but find it hard to remember to take them. I go from extreme happiness wile on them and total forget the bad stuff, to then forgetting to take them and becoming my own worst enemy yet again. I suppose I'm just asking for help or someone to talk to honestly and openly without fear of the other person thinking I'm "crazy". I just don't know what else to do and I just want to get better so I can be a better mother for my daughter.

Welcome. Many of us can relate to what you are experiencing, so you've come to the right place.

Welcome here.

I do take anti depressants but find it hard to remember to take them.

There could be several ways to make you remember to take them, as it is not healthy for you to take these meds only when you remember. You could put sticky notes on several places in your home, reminding you to take them. You could put one alarm clock every day at the same time. You could get such a pill box for the whole week and put a pill in for every day and put them like next to your tooth brush. Just try to make a routine of taking them. I bet there are dozens of other ways, just some suggestions.

Thank you all for you kind words. Things have become worse as I am now 3 months pregnant and my partner has left me. I am unable to take medication due to harm to the baby and I am struggling really badly without my meds. Is there any natural way to ease symptoms? I feel like I'm going mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back