• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Just Want To Apologize To Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

goingonhope

MyPTSD Pro
I just want to apoligize to everyone for not being available and successfully able to respond to so many great new threads and so forth, and even those of you who have recently found the forum. I've been spacing out far to often in psyche pain and head trips, other directions, other work, and life's responsibilities. I mean, I'm not entirely doing horribly, it's just that every little thing is taking so much effort on my part and energy. I feel like my brain has slowed so far down that other's, in my present life, can recognize it and must think I'm so so slow and wonder what's wrong with me.

And, it bothers me to no end at times that here on the forum I seem to be slow at concentrating, reading, and responding to others, or even welcoming new people. I'm just lost in another world too often (time & space), and also quite legitimately trying to juggle many, many responsibilities, goals and family ambitions.

I just want others to know, really and truly, that I wish my life was more suited that I could get to know more of you, respond to many more people and posts and perhaps be of some support.

I read it tonight, that we can't help others unless we can help ourselves, and quite honestly lately I'm freakin' feeling lost and confused far, far too often.

Just all the emotions that we sometimes get slammed with. Mine hit intensely and in the numbers. I mean I don't experience one intense emotion, it hits in the form of 4, 5, 6 intense emotions simultaneously.

Well, now I'm getting off the point, what I want to say here is that: I just want to apoligize to everyone for me not being available and successfully able to respond to so many great new threads and so forth.

I mean I know it's not my responsibility, or anything, but it is my hope and desire to just be among you' all, a friend and an active, constructive part of this great forum.

Hope

You have nothing to be sorry for... We all have lives and issues outside of the forum and are here when we can. Don't feel bad for not living on here, none of can do that.

****may trigger**** I dont know if this can trigger.

Hi goingonhope,

Everthing's cool. No need to apologize. I personally couldn't read and answer all new posts. Right now , there are about 32 new-ish posts in the general thread area. I get overwhelmed if I read 4 posts that are unhappy. If I read 32 unhappy posts today- I'll blow my gasket, walk over to the hospital + say" hi, I've had enough-please put me in a nice safe padded room". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thank you for reading our posts and for responding + helping us on the forum, but please only read + answer only as much as you can + sill be comfortable.

Thanks once again,

Have a Good Day,

Rob

Regardless of my last post,

I really like how you read our posts and help us out when we are down.

*hugs*

Have a Good Day,

Rob

*I get overwhelmed if I read 4 posts that are unhappy. If I read 32 unhappy posts today- I'll blow my gasket,

Rob-Thanks for writing that. I thought I was alone in feeling like this. It makes me feel better to know others feel this way as well.

Hope-Doing what you have to for yourself (up to and including breaks from the forum), taking care of yourself not to overdue is, to me, a big priority. I'm sure a number of us here grew up hearing the expression 'If you don't take care of yourself, how can you take care of someone else?'. Or a variation on the theme. PTSD adds a new demension to that expression.

Think about it this way...even if you can't respond to current posts right now, there's plenty of other posts that you've made that can be read and learned from.

Take care of yourself.
Lisa

Hope, your worse days, are someone elses sanctuaries. Yes, you are in a very low area of depression. What does this mean? You mind is on overtime in muck, your thinking on other everyday things is little to none, hun, hate to tell ya, you are normal for where you are now. Right now. I was there myself and will probably go through it again, but look at the past as far as what you won't have to go through again. There is a graduation throughout PTSD.
Medication helps alot through it though. I am on lexapro, anti-depressant, only one that has worked, (44, female, now,), no side effects, just keeps the lows up. Propranolol, non-addictive type sedative, my bestest friend in the world, and of course, xanax for when the boomers in my head activate.
Hunny, you are helping by your very words, and not even aware or trying.
There are so many online who have just started with their symptoms of ptsd and feel as though they are going crazy, as we all have, and find a kinship, that yes, someone else gets it.
In that you may have saved a life or two.
Keep writing, and being encouraged by others, there is no time limit for this broken brain syndrome, and we all care. Don't worry that you are in your position right now, we love ya fine, any position.
Yes we are broken, but this site is the best damn broken place I seen on earth. Just be yourself, and no negative self punishment to yourself, that's all I ask of you. You're going through enough as it is, don't kick yourself lower.
Then one day, you'll wake up, sometime in the near future, and come on a sudden want to investigate other threads that peak your interest, that will be a measuring tool, to let you know, depression is lifting, mind is more concentrated in other areas, and maybe,,,,,,,,,just maybe,,,,,,,,,something will even make you laugh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like,
Why'd the black woman get all gussied up when the plane was going down, and everyone thought her crazy as they pushed and shoved looking for floatation devices?
They always look for the black box first. (hope ya smiled)

Rule #1 - Helping others comes after you helping you first.

I have been able to be on the forum only for real small periods of time lately and have had a bit more time here today. So now I get a chance to say thank you, veiled, Rob T. , Marlene, dlgwhitewolf and Anthony !

You've all been an enormous help to me here.

I just love this Rule #1. Why have I never heard of it before the forum? Perhaps, I did and perhaps I didn't or couldn't listen then. Who knows or cares, now that I know it now. (lol)

Anyhow, my best to you all,

.........sincerely goingonhope

Oh Hope,

I am sure it has been seen a hundred times. But damn that short term memory. Take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back