• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Lit A Candle For You All.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftyCath

MyPTSD Pro
Yesterday, while I was facing one of my biggest fears/triggers, I went into a small Cathedral and lit a candle for everyone here. There was a prayer request form and I wrote 'for everyone suffering with PTSD especially those on the PTSD Forum.' I don't normally light candles or ask for prayers. But yesterday it felt right to do so.

Here is the photo of the Cathedral and the candle I lit with other peoples.

Blessings and joy to everyone.

18 Carlisle Cathedral.JPG

23 Carlisle Cathedral.JPG

I'm torn... and thank you Cath for the candle.

I always like visiting European churches, although I will tell you that I am not religious. I really like the architecture and I must say I do feel a calming effect when I see one. I do not claim to be a believer and the other day my wife asked if my accident is when I stopped. I was raised methodist until about 6 when we switched over to baptist. The one phrase in the bible that always stood out ot me was the one about (can't remember the passage) but essentially there is hot water and cold water, and you may choose which you are, but you cannot be luke warm.

I don't know when I stopped, I would say in my teens but I would say many teens struggle with the existence of a higher power. I do know that my accident angered me and made me very bitter, so I can certainly see it not contributing to my internal struggle on whether god exists. I do abide/believe/or agree with many things the bible says. I believe in being a good person, treating people how you'd want to be treated etc.

Thank you Cath,

What a beautiful gift of your time and energy!!! I truly believe in the power of prayer and I feel really good knowing that you thought of us and decided to pray. I light prayer candles all the time and I am lighting one for you today. I pray that your symptoms will decrease in severity so much that you will not even notice them anymore!!!!

wishing you love and peace and healing,
LH

I am lighting one for you today

Thanks Lionheart, you are a good friend. I did an 8 mile hike with my hubby and my eldest son today, the weather was beautiful and the scenery stunning. I posted a few pics on the 'cute pics' thread, there is one of me and my son but it is a poor one as i have my hair tied back and neither of us are smiling - in fact we look miserable. We were just tired and windswept. LOL

I felt very peaceful today so thank you for thinking of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back