• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Love _____ About Myself!

• Thread starter Deleted member 1860
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1860

I can't believe we don't have a social thread like this.... (Or maybe we already do? I did a search and nothing came up...My apologies if I'm repeating!)

So this is the thread where we will name all of the things that we LOVE about ourselves! Have a hard time with love? Name the things you like! Have a hard time with like? Name the things you don't hate! I think you get the picture, right?

You can say the silliest little things that you love about yourself, or the great big things, too. Pretty much anything goes, but please, no negativity or sarcasm! The point is to have an honest thread about the things we genuinely love (or like) about ourselves!

In no particular order....(and in no way an exhaustive list!)

I LOVE that I find joy and happiness in the small things in life. Things that seem mundane or boring to other people really can bring a smile to my face or brighten my mood. I don't need a lot of fanfare or excitement. I don't need things that are over the top. I really do enjoy the simple things in life, and I am glad that I can find joy in these things.

I LOVE that I'm naturally blonde. Somehow the recessive genetic genes were in my favor as I'm the only one in my family of my generation (and even the previous generation, too) who has blonde hair. And that's on both sides, lol. (Maybe I was switched at birth!?!) Yep, I love my hair, long and golden blonde, I love how it gets me attention when I want it.

I LOVE that I have a very active inner child! Yep, love her! It makes me sad to know that other people have lost touch with their inner children. She has always been there, and she is SO much fun! Sometimes I think that others mistake my playful inner child for immaturity, but I don't care. My feet are firmly planted in reality and I'm very much grounded. I just love that I never lost my childlike sense of fun!

I LOVE that I got the awesomely-bad family nose! For years I used to say "oh, I'm glad I didn't get that honker!" and I'm sure the rest of my family looked at me like "uhm ok you're in denial!" But then one day I met my long lost cousin (she's 10 years older than me, we met about 9 years ago) and my aunt says "you two have the same nose!" It was my "proof" that we are family, and even though it isn't a Hollywood type nose, I love it just the same. Barbara Streisand is my hero....She knows if she got a nose job, she'd be unrecognizable and lose her fame. She's proud of what she's got and doesn't want to change it. I love that!

I LOVE that money doesn't mean beans to me! Ok, I know I need enough to live on, but beyond that, its meaningless. I have done a 180 from the half of my family who puts lots of stock into the almighty dollar and throws around money as a sign of approval. I think its kind of sad...

Ok, so this is my short list.....for now! I will be adding lots more later.

Please join in and start listing the things you love about yourself!

Here's a couple things I really have a hard time with yet cherish.

I love that I am still curious. I'm curious about the natural world and how it works. I'm curious about animals and how they have survived the eons. I'm curious about the people around me as well as myself and our collective stories.

I love that as sarcastic and bitter as I am there is still a small inkling of hope, one tiny flame of it, that the future might not be all doom and gloom for me and my fellow humans.

@desiderata310, Me, too. We get so much training to think and be critical of ourselves and others, that no wonder it is a challenge to announce traits we have, that we like.

And when saying something we like about ourselves, that it can be said without bragging or putting others down. In other words, it is like being able to be happy about some aspects of ourselves.

Two things I like about myself are that I appreciate nature, and that I am, gradually, able to apply myself, to learn healthier behaviors.

Last edited:
I love that I'm learning to prevent others from walking all over me, but still care about others' feelings.

I love that I enjoy learning about things useful and obscure, alike.

I like that I'm passionate about computers, cars, and electronics, even though these are hobbies I can't really pursue at this stage in my life.

Good idea for a thread, @Solara! I might picture you as Barbara Streisand from now on, but that's okay. :)

I love that I am part Honey Badger and when I see something beautiful in someone, I refuse to give up believing that it is there. Sometimes, I find out years down the road, sometimes I see them bloom in front of me. But always it is moving to see...

Thank you for this thread @Solara ((hugs)) if you accept

Okay, I love that I am so ridiculously stubborn, that it means I never give in.
I love that I am loyal, that it means I have managed to hold onto a friendship I value dearly.
I love that I have a close connection to nature, that I can get joy from watching a sparrow outside the window, or going for a walk in the wood.
I love that I can write, what started as a survival mechanism has become something I cherish and can use to entertain.
I love my dark sense of humour. It may be gallows dark, but when I can watch something truly dark and find it hilarious (much to the bemusement of others) I really don't care. It also means I see humour in difficult times.
I love that I am my father's daughter through and through.

(And I love this thread.)

I love my two tattoos (even if ive not exactly been met with approval!)

I love my ability to get animals to relax around me and cooperate with me.

This is maybe a slightly strange one, but I love my alters, they make me 'me'. They've helped me cope and sometimes I quite like seeing the world from a totally different place. I think it counteracts my cynicism!

I love that I appreciate life and the smallest of things and that I have the most responsive senses to enjoy them....sniffing the air after its been raining, watching the little muntjac deer grazing in my garden, feeling the grooves in a piece of very old wood from a building that's stood for years and years, feeling the strength, warmth, and love of my partner as I hug him, listening to a beautiful piece of music that a talented person has gifted to us....I'm so lucky to 'feel' and appreciate the most basic of things.
I love my big Brown eyes, my full lips...strong features that can be ' dressed ' up or down...attractive either way...my ample boobs that act as a fantastic coat hanger for draping the floaty clothes I like to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back