• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Need Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always afraid I'm calling attention to myself - it seems kind of nice to have a platform where you can step right up and holler. Sort of like that commercial where the people go into the glass box and an amazing thing involving kittens happens?

(It is technically a product ad but the product is utterly unrelated to the content, so I don't think it is spammy).

Calling attention to myself is not something I let myself do on a daily basis. So, deep breath and:

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD A SHITTY NIGHT LAST NIGHT AND WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASK ME TO TELL THEM ALL ABOUT IT WHILE THEY COOK ME PANCAKES WITH CINNAMON SUGAR.

That is the attention I would like right now.
/end attention-seeking :bag::coffee:

@joeylittle Thanks for the kittens! What a treat.

I have a page on Twitter I am hooked into that is called "Cute Emergency". I love to go to Twitter, because I only follow photographic sites there and no "friends" except my pastor and one other person from my church who leads a Bible Study I go to. Instead of being a place I have grown to resent (like Facebook FB) it is my therapy instead. Now why on earth do I go to FB first, I suddenly ask myself. I guess because I want to leave my computer with a sense of peace instead or my usual bad mood after checking FB. Cute Emergency helps me to do that.

I am supposed to help someone exercise more and she has had bouts with the runs and/ or the hurls lately, so I feel so weird asking her to exercise with me. So I don't do so. I am afraid that she is sleeping or busy or not feeling well enough to do so and I am bashful to call her or knock on her door. I hate feeling like this. I don't know where this feeling comes from, but I notice in general that when I need to ask someone for something or I need to inspire someone to do something, I am usually quite reluctant to do so, even though I know I am supposed to. What is wrong with me? Why am I so reluctant to do what I know I should do? I hate feeling like this. Do a lot of you go through stuff like this too?

My mom used to make us something called Glumki, which consisted of a crepe like pancake stuffed with cottage cheese mixed with an equal part of egg. She'd wrap the crepe around the cottage cheese mixture and then heat them in the oven. We'd eat them on a plate as they are a bit messy. No, they are not sweet, but your pancakes there reminded me of them. We loved them! Glumki is a Lithuanian food. We knew she was in a good mood and being loving toward us and giving us extra attention when she made them for us.

@SheilaKathy

That seems nice :hug:

My grandma sometimes makes:
[GALLERY=media, 905]Isn't a cookie cake like a giant cookie cookie?? by otakujome posted Jan 24, 2015 at 11:17 PM[/GALLERY]

I learned to make it as well :) it's great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back