• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I need help, i'm blocked inside - going off zoloft cold turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

IthinkIcan

Learning
I'm having a bad night.
It's been day 2 off of my antidepressants. My insurance has made it impossible to get my refills because they locked me into a pharmacy I can't get to easily.

I'm nervous. Really nervous. Never been off of antidepressants cold turkey. What do I do? I can't call my insurance or doctor until they open tomorrow morning, but I work 8-6. My stomach hurts from feeling so nervous. I just feel overwhelmed. So overwhelmed. And confused. And just plain stupid. I also feel like I don't even matter, I shouldn't have started taking these meds in the first place, and I don't know what to do.

I guess I'll breathe for a while and see if that helps. But I suck at even that. ):

I’ve come off Zoloft 200mg cold turkey and it sucks majorly. My reaction isn’t what everyone will have though. I’d encourage you to talk to your doctor or ER if you can.

What I experienced was about two weeks of feeling absolutely dreadful. More symptomatic, brain zaps, flu like symptoms with upset stomach. Really felt drained and spaced out like dissociative symptoms but with a different quality.

After that I wasn’t quite right for a while but I didn’t fair well on the meds anyway. It really isn’t advisable to come off Zoloft cold turkey if it’s at all possible. I did as well because of a f*ck upset with the pharmacy and doctor.

• Oh, that sounds not so fun.. Did you feel the wothdrawals the first day or two, or did it sneak up? I have emergency xanax that I've had to take because I've been feeling jittery and like a live wire. And I'm not sure if I've experienced a brain zap.. But I do have a weird prickly headache on and off. And I don't know what dissociation is fully.. But I have been feeling a bit detatched and unreal more so than usual.. Like I'm not really here. I don't know. Can I wait until i call my doctor in the morning? Or should I just call the ER.. Bah.

I'm so scared to do that. I talked to many pharmacies over the past couple of days to no avail. And ER scares me. I don't know if I can just call them. It's zoloft, will it be that bad?

I get being scared - I hate the ER. do you have an advice nurse you can call? through your health insurance? Not sure if the er will tell you over the phone but it's worth a shot

Did you feel the wothdrawals the first day or two, or did it sneak up?

Basically the day I stopped talking it. Zoloft stays in your system for a short period of time that’s why withdrawal starts right away and is so hard.

bit detatched and unreal more so than usual.

Yeah like derealisation which comes under the umbrella term dissociation.

If you google Zoloft discontinuation symptoms you might get a better idea what you’re probably going to feel.

I’m glad you have some Xanax that will definitely help ease the suffering.

I'm having a bad night.
It's been day 2 off of my antidepressants. My insurance has made it impossib...
That is terrible!
I have no advice but I have sympathy. I once accidentally went off for 3 days (got them mixed up with ibuprofen) and was literally hanging on to the walls while trying to walk.
Insurance situation sounds awful. I pay about AU$9-18 a month in Australia.

My insurance only lets me fill at Walmart or CVS. And I have no refills. But I'm going to try calling the nurse line first, today wasnt too great.. And I feel fuzzy.. Like I'm fazing out and in. Like I'm not really here or there..

And I have no refills.
Can your doc put in a refill?

CVS will deliver, I'm fairly sure that's a company policy. It's not same-day, generally next-day.

Sometimes prescription plans work very hard to force people to switch to mail order. If that's what your plan is doing to you, it might be worth it just to accept the mail order option. I tend to not like that (personally) because I travel a lot - but it's the only way I can get one of my medications covered by the plan (they won't cover it if I fill at a pharmacy).

I just got off the phone with my psychiatrist's office. I was scared to call because I owe them money. But she was very nice. The sucky part is that my doctor isnt in today, but the lady said she'll text my doctor to see if she can refill my antidepressants today so i can pick it up after work. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I cant wait to get it again... Every day at work, when we start winding down.. I start freaking on the inside.. And I'll start crying pretty hard.. But someone I'm able to hide it and pretend like nothing is wrong. I just can't wait for this rollercoaster to slow again so I can feel more in control... One more day. Just one more.

Somehow * not someone .Oops

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back