• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Need Help Too - Husband Has PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michell

New Here
i need help too. my husband also has ptsd and i am worried as he is getting worse aNd refuses to get professional help and i can only do so much. i really need help. could sumone maybe suggest a way i could talk to him about getting professional help. i have tried but he only blows up and gets angry at me PLEASE HELP ME

I don't really know what to tell you, except that you will be in my thoughts today and I will send up a prayer for you. I have PTSD and I was thinking about how I would want to be approached by my husband if I didn't really want to seek help. Unfortunately, If I was resistant and got angry when he approached me about seeking help there really wouldn't be a whole lot he could do when I'm in that mind set. He would just have to wait until I was ready to hear it. Hang in there. I will believe with you.

Welcome to the forum michell.

I'm a sufferer of PTSD so I only know my end, there is a carer section where they will probably be able to help you more. However, at least for me, if he isn't willing to get help he either doesn't realize he has a problem or doesn't think he needs help or is simply afraid. I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back