• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Realize That I

I realize that I'm getting to that point where I will not be able to answer the phone when my brother calls. He called tonight and it was all about him.

There was no way I could just talk to him and I began to cry. He has no clue about how mean he was. I realize that I just can't talk to him when he just doesn't care about what he is saying to me.

I realized that I may have social miscuing but I am learning from my mistakes and am trying not to repeat them. The gentle and challenging-redirection thus input guidance from the members here, allow me to develop different skill sets in understanding. Ice-water bucket challenges on my head are not yet accepted.:clown:

I realize that although I may be committed to my thoughts and get rattled when approached, I may need to be rattled so any dust can fall out and I can be clearer to myself and others.

I realize that my learning disability may come between what I am trying to say and think, but in the real world...it is best to practice for me on life's terms.

I realize I am so grateful for this time within this site, to grow and see there are alternatives to what I had previously figured out before my isolation coping with PTSD.

Back