• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Realize That I

I realise that I have sat with the feeling of needing to scream, and survived it.

I realise that if someone asks me about my father, it is very difficult to hide my shock at being asked about him, after years of him not being in my life. I realise that I handled that situation quite well, as I didn't run away/escape/leave the building in a rage. I was honest without going into horrendous detail.

I am stronger than I realise sometimes. I put up a front more often than I realise, while simultaneously finding it difficult to hide my emotions when I'm more aware.

I realise I need to work on some things.

I realise that I am alive and I am thankful that I'm not dead.

I realise that I barely have any plans for the rest of the year, and that is quite sad to me, so I will try to find some interesting things to do.

I realize that the woman I loved couple years ago was very nice to me. She had decency to tell me good bye, so I can move on from her and then go ahead without holding grudge behind. Wow. She isn't mine another half, but she taught me a lot about love. I just realized this. I am feeling much peace with it. I hope she is well today and doing well in her life.

I realize that a period of struggle precedes each period of growth. It has to be uncomfortable to move out of it.

I realized that I can own that quote above (thank you) and make it mine as well by accepting the process.

I realize that I now have the chance to heal and grow within an community that puts words, thoughts into action and assist one another with gentle guidance from a place of experience.

I realize that I may NOT feel always comfortable as I transition, that I may make mistakes, but I have never been able to be this real, honest and at the same time secure in acceptance of the trauma as part of my life.

Not being judged to whether or not I did enough to stop it, and having others talk to me about their trauma in connecting is life altering for healing. Thank you, everyone for being you, here and connecting.

Back