• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Realize That I

I realize that some areas have really healed! I do not have to be afraid to talk about some trauma. I was not hijacked, hit a flashback or an anger surge. I simply looked back on that younger woman (me) with gentleness and offer her..."We've come a long way! " I feel peace in this moment of facing part of my past with a kind heart.

I realize that I forget I can't talk to my family about what I've gone through and how it's effected me.

I realize that it makes me angry that people in my family show so much compassion for kids they hear about on tv who have been abused. But when I talk about what happened to me they're completely silent. It's really invalidating.

@Nighthawlk :hug: Recognizing it IS doing something luvy. Be gentle on yourself as you wade through it. You are a survivor of the night (or darkness). We are here. night-hawk-small.jpg

Back