• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Realize That I

I realize that I have been in depression or dissociation for most of the time my whole life up till now. I realize that when I'm getting out of the dissociation more I face new challenges, since then I need to face some problems I've never dealt with before (nor need to deal with when lost in the fog). I realize that being gifted is causing me problems, and that I don't know how to handle them in a mature way.

I realize that I have a lot of problems with regulating my feelings, and that I need my therapists(and maybe others) help to do so. I realize that I feel so embarrassed about not being able to regulate my feelings that it make them even worse; since the shame is not helping to make them easier to handle/regulate. I realize I'm not stupid as I thought I was(old programming, bad experiences, people telling me I was.) I realize that it's the dissociation that wrecked so much of what I wanted to achieve, and made me seem stupid in the eyes of my self as well as in the eyes of others.

I realize that I'm really angry today, and a bit out of control, and that I need to calm down and DO stuff and avoid thinking too much. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize that I have been in depression or dissociation for most of the time my whole life up till now.
I realize that when I'm getting out of the dissociation more I face new challenges, since then I need to face some problems I've never dealt with before(nor need to deal with when lost in the fog).
I realize I'm not stupid as I thought I was(old programming, bad experiences, people telling me I was.)
I realize that it's the dissociation that wrecked so much of what I wanted to achieve, and made me seem stupid in the eyes of my self as well as in the eyes of others.
Yes Zaniara. I have realised all these things too. The second recently. The last one really affected me. I found I went through a mourning process and still am mourning. My reality is still being turned on its head.

I realized recently that a big part of why I don't like to cry is because I feel like if I start crying about the really deep stuff I don't know if I'd ever stop. And it hurts so bad when I cry. The kind of pain that comes from the deepest corners of your soul and wrings and twists your lungs and makes you almost choke and shake on the intensity of the emotion as it moves heavy and thick throughout you.

Back