1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I Take Weekends Off Nowadays - Just So People Know

Discussion in 'Social' started by anthony, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I thought I should mention here, that I now take the weekends off from my work. Basically, I spend my weekends with my new girlfriend, she works during the week, so I do my work during the week. Mutual all round basically. So if your wondering where I am on weekends generally, that is why I am not here much during those times.

Long weekend this weekend though... so an extra day off is near in order also.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Good on you Anthony. Everyone needs a break from their work.

Jim.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

i certainly feel that you deserve some time off. everyone that works gets days off, lol. recharge, rest.
    cathy

5. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

Hope you told your girlfriend about our kiss

6. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

a kiss? as usul I'm last to kow

7. nugget

nugget Well-Known Member

I was always told never to kiss and tell.

8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

LOL

Well, enjoy your time off Anthony! :)

9. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

Good for you friend! Soak in some Aussie sun! Put some shrimp on the old bar-b! Ok! I just gave it away! We silly Americans have obviously watched way too much "Crokodile Dundee"! lol! Have some fun! Glad to here you have a new lady friend! Good fortune with that!
    Love & Care
    Marilyn

10. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Oh my goodness. Nugget I wanted to tell you, we printed out this bit of the thread for Evie earlier, and she laughed about it. So thanks again for making her laugh. It's no small accomplishment, believe me!

Anthony... did you never take time off before?? Really I hope that wasn't the case. Glad you are taking time now, as you most certainly deserve it. Have fun with your new girlfriend.

11. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I used to work 7 days a week here initially Kathy, then stepped it down to taking a day or two off during the week, but I ended up here generally to check things... so until recently, no... I have never taken good breaks from here or my work in general. I am now though.

12. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Sounds like a great idea, Anthony. As my B-I-L always says, 'Plan your work, and work your plan.' ...and it all sounds like a mighty fine plan. Weekends off...oh' Ya'. My best to you.

13. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I think that's a habit.. a few of us have.. LOL

i only take sick days off myself :) Good for you Anthony! and that's why you have us!

bec