• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I want to punch my neighbour

• Thread starter Deleted member 44579
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 44579

Hi ya all......im trying to decide if this is just my ptsd or is this really annoying.

My upstairs neighbour is a spoilt brat. Asian.. Holds very strong views against women, obviously due to his upbringing and culture..... Well he never goes out... Always always in... Mostly drinking but he bangs... And runs around banging.... I have complained... To housing.
I have also banged on his door.... He won't answer as I am a woman...
It depends how drunk he gets.... Ie the banging level.... But because I work from home... There have been many many times I have wanted to punch his face in.... Not that I would be able too as he does not open his door......

This is annoying right?... And before anyone says it's to be expected noise in apartments /flats... Yes i agree.... But I know this little f##ker and it's deliberate.... What would you do.....???

Hi @LilLynx... Already have.. I think when he gets that drunk he doesn't care.. You know what I mean... He has been warned...

It's not like its all day but it's really annoying... And this man has no life... No friends.. No job... Has a car though... I laugh loudly.. When he is making noise... Sorta works.

But I know this little f##ker and it's deliberate.... What would you do.....???
I'd probably work on trying to regulate my desire to punch him in the face, and I'd invest in some noise-reducing earplugs.

If you've complained to the people who could actually do something about it, and are doing so regularly (or logging each infraction with them), you could write a note asking him to stop and letting him know you have been notifying the housing authority. But other than that - sounds like it's time to move on to strategies that will help you not be totally affected by it.

Sucks, though.

His behaviour would definitely annoy most people, sorry you're having to endure it. I know what you mean, I've had my share of a few noisy and abusive neighbours, they eventually moved out because I think they got sick of me keeping reporting them. Would it be possible for you to move elsewhere? (You shouldn't have to but if it's unbearable, I think i'd have to move if it were me, if I could).

Hi @LilLynx I think quite a few people are also complaining.. About him.. As I have been told by housing officer... And when I read other people's problems with neighbours it is minor.. Pathetic. And behaviour associated with a child not a grown assed man!!.. So I think time..... And a good set of earplugs..

He used to bang at 4am..but I would go upstairs and pound on his door... Telling him to stop it... Which he has....

I guess it's finding the balance right?... He doesn't play loud music all hours... I've met his brother who is ashamed of his drunken behaviour... But can't get through to him either....

It's just sometimes really gets to me... But I think that's part of my ptsd... I like peace... And I know I am not going to get that in a block of flats....... I would never actually punch him... It represents how pissed off I get with him...... People... Huh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back