• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I was just fired and a complete mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said it's on Keller just in Orlando. Sprint is on Keller off Maitland Blvd and it's in Altamonte so Keller must be a longer road then I knew.

Ah, I thought that was the Maitland location, lol! A much better area in which to work, and maneuver in and out of instead of dealing with Americana and OBT, although they aren't far away. Lots of good back roads from that location as well in case traffic snarls.

I agree with you that it is often difficult to determine where a job is when it just lists "Orlando." I usually Google the company name along with Orlando address to get an idea of its location. I don't want to work downtown either, but we'll see how it goes. Girl has to work, bottom line.

City boundaries seem to zig and zag this way and that through Orange and Seminole counties. Google is my best friend for now. :inlove: I imagine zoning and policing are a great deal of fun for the cities and counties to manage. When I was rear-ended a few years back, I had fire trucks, police, and EMTs from the city and county where the accident occurred. I'm surprised the state police weren't there as well; they seem to own my corner of the county in terms of traffic control. lol

At any rate, all sounds great and set for tomorrow. Hoping the best outcome for you! :tup:

City boundaries seem to zig and zag this way and that through Orange and Seminole counties.

Yeah, they really do. I did google them, which is how I knew they have 2, one in Maitland and one in Orlando but call centers seem to not publish their exact address in case there are any disgruntled customer that want to go bomb the call center. Seriously! That's been the same in just about every call center I have worked for.

At any rate, all sounds great and set for tomorrow. Hoping the best outcome for you! :tup:

Thank you! I am super excited! And nervous! The recruiter send me an email this morning and he said "I hope you reviewed the questions I asked in the prescreen" and I am thinking "I don't need to as they are super basic and I showed off in the prescreen and gave way more technical answers then what was needed. Off the top of my head."

I am done with the interview for Spectrum. They asked much harder questions. I flubbed up on "what is DHCP" and I know what it is but couldn't think of what it stood for off the top of my head. I said "basically there isn't a user name or pw in the modem whereas with PPPoE there is" and he then said "is there anything else" (like he was looking for more) and I said "well, the modem doesn't log into the DSLAM or Redback when PPPoE does" - which is basically what DHCP is. I did say that it has a dynamic IP. I think I answered "what is a packet and how do you detemerine packet loss" after advising a packet is data, 2 way, I gave him ping -n 20 -l 1400 *IP* to send a large packet ping, 20 times. That's how I determine packet loss anyway. From my PC or theirs.

I told him the hardest customer is the one that think they know more then you. Which is parially true. I think the screaming ones that don't stop screaming is harder but I lied and said I practice deep breathing and meditation at home thus naturally do it at work when he asked how I handle irate customers. I did make him laugh when I said that if you can imagine yourself floating on your back on water it calms down any anxiety or stress you have.

Most of the interview was good, just a few parts I feel like I flubbed up. Man, they must have buttoned up when Charter bought them cause when they were Brighthouse they had crap tech support that asked you to powercycle the devices (unplug and plug back in) and then rolled a tech. They never went indepth like that.

I think I did well but won't know for a few days. Now a big concern, must have 100% attendence in training, starts the 16th, my pain Dr appmt is on the 22nd. I can't allow my pump to go dry. Which means they need to see me on the 15th or earlier. I called but the office lady I have a ext for didn't answer. I left msg. I won't breath easy until they tell me I am scheduled for the 15th.

I don't know the hours of training. But most is day hours.

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! They said they want me ASAP so they were aparenently impressed with me! They said they wouldn't get back to me for a few days, they called me a few hours later.

My only issue is the Dr Appmt. I got ahold of someone at the doctor and they said that their 3 issues are my insurence chooses the outside pharmacy so they don't know if they can get the meds that fast. It is also a 30min appmt, not just a 10 min that would be easy to squeeze in. And just like I can't let it run dry, they also cannot fill it too early. She is asking the Dr but I adv'd the guy that called me to extend the offer for hire and so what he said is if they cannot make the appmt sooner, then they would allow me to start the next training class. But that wouldn't be until 7/7 and benefits wouldn't start until 8/1 as opposed to starting 6/16 and benefits starting 7/1.

But he said they want me as soon as possible so apparently I blew them away and at least they are working with me.

Then I had to tear my house apart looking for the last print out from my pump for the drug test. I found it. So now shift bid, drug test, and hopefully my Dr moves my appmt. If not, I still have a job. Just later. And my dad gracially pointed out that waiting a month to start working costs me almost $900 (Cobra and cable/internet/phone). But I GOT A JOB!!!

Thank you @She Cat! I am SOOO ready to go back to work!

The lady at the Dr never called me back and I am so concerned with that as I don't want to wait another month to work or for benefits. Or for income! I called but it was 10 til 5pm so she didn't answer. I didn't advise that they offered a later training class as then she would be like "well do that then". I am trying to make it "job or no job" sort of thing but being medically necessary "they have to let you out and can't fire you for it" it is sort of hard to make it that badly needed.

They also had me shift bid and 10 mins later emailed me back my shift after training which was my 1st choice 8:45am - 3:15pm Mon & Tue off, 30 min lunch. All the shifts sucked. I wanted an hour lunch but with the needed one weekday off or night shift and prefered 8X5, they didn't have many with an hour lunch - but at least I have 2 week days off. I am working days again so I can train Chopper earlier and so that's really good! I will take a 30 min lunch to align the rest. It's a good thing I got myself on a day shift. Now to start working myself up to getting up around 6am.

ETA: The Dr called me back and they have it moved to the 15th 9:45am. It all worked out. Yes! Now the drug test and verifying the meds in my pump.

And now I have to go shopping for more business casual clothes. My last job was simply casual. I have other slacks but they are buried somewhere in my closet on a collasped bar.

ETA: Oh, also, it's 5.2 miles from my house! Took more time to drive there due to horrific rain and construction, but my last job was 8.5 miles. So easier on my car. With my dad here, I should be able to save quickly. Hopefully, I have 3 grand out of the 401K money left, hopefully I can save another grand to $1,200 and buy a $4,000 car off a used car lot. About $200 or so for tags & registration. Its less of I already have a Florida tag. My car (and the tag) is in my dad's name but I do have a Florida tag off a car when I was around 20 but that was 16 yrs ago and back then they said there was like an 8 yr time frame or something to reuse a tag.

Anyway, point is, if I need a new tag that's $100 more.

Sorry for the rambling.

Last edited:
Rambling????? Yes, you are. LOL!!!! Nervous much??? Starting a new job can be so anxiety provoking. Go shopping, buy some new clothes and try and relax. Everything will work out!!!!

Hang in there!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Congratulations!!!! :happy::happy::happy::happy::joyful::joyful::joyful:

I haven't been on in a few days, but you've been on my mind so I popped in today. So, so, so very happy for you and that all is working out for you!

Best of luck to you in your new position! VB :)

Thank you @VioletButterfly! I am so excited!

Drug test taken. Did W4, 1-9 and all of million forms on the onboarding process last night but I mixed up "from" and "to" dates on one job in employment history. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it is supposed to be 100% accurate. I called Employee Services (the number on the onboarding emails) and she said to send an email with the correction so I did that. Hopefully that will be ok.

Now I just need to worry about verifying medications and getting business casuals clothes (tomorrow after therapy) and that's it. Employed the 16th! I am trying to make this go through without a hitch.

"Congratulations! You have successfully completed the background and drug screen process and are cleared to start. We are excited that you will be joining Charter Communications." Yay! Charter is Spectrum, for those confused.

They want me to take my own picture for my ID badge. First I heard of that but that's fine.

I HAVE A JOB! God, I can breath now! Been holding my breath til this email came through. Wasn't 100% til now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back