1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

If All Of Us Here Were Face To Face?

Discussion in 'General' started by Desiderata, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desiderata

Desiderata New Member

Too actually be togehter? ... Real living souls ... who knowingly understand more than mere words could ever convey. ... The benefit of that .... To each of us , to all of us ... and the impact on the worlds society ... I'm sure most of you would agree that the results would be good ... I'd like to share a Quote from Historian Roy Nichols ... " The most beautiful people I have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." .... Does this quote touch your soul? ... I sit here alone , just another groundhog day ... spent in isolation .... watching the train of life go by ... as if I'm in twilight zone .... trying to exist in a world I'm no longer fully part of ... it takes hours for me just to write something like this as my mind rolls along at five thousand miles an hour ... How would it be if we were in each others company? ... I'm sure that most of you would agree that that alone would have more benefit than any known treatment ... But I wonder what your thoughts are about that ... Later .... Rob

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

There are quite a few of us who would love to meet. I think it would have great benefit too.

That is a beautiful quote.. I agree beautiful people don't just happen..

bec

4. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

Very good thread Rob and a superb quote. I agree, it would be beneficial. In the meantime we are lucky to have access to the internet.

5. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

Rob

That quote was very touching.. kinda makes me feel proud for some reason.. I guess the thought that even though I've been through so much crap and am so screwed up now, that there's something beautiful that will emerge from the ugliness. Thank you for that. This forum has open my eyes, awakened my soul, helped me begin the long journey back to me. I appreciate you all.

6. paul

paul Member

before i started the ptsd course i was very scared,of what i was going to face and the people i would meet.
    you are all right in saying meeting face to face would be great and of great benefit.
    i can tell you the people i meet on that course are now some of my most special friends,and it is very similar to coming on here if we have a down day we just call each other and it brightens your day completly.

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Well, if I had the finances to do it, I would love to have an actual resort for PTSD sufferers, where anyone from around the world could come, relax, get therapy from other sufferers, learn to eat healthy, exercise programs, etc etc... it would heal people a lot faster than this method, or therapy itself. People would walk out 3 - 6 months later a completely new person.

8. Lee

Lee Member

VVCS Retreats in Townsville

I think Paul may be talkin about the PTSD retreats they do here in Townsville. They are live-in for a whole week with a group of ptsd sufferers and their families. They run them for single people too. They must do similar around Oz. I have only heard GOOD things about them.

9. anthony

Yer Lee, I know the one in Townsville, as that is the same one I did, cohort 18 I think I was. Not quite the same as what I believe would be off more benefit... still very good though that course. I would recommend it too anyone in the location, as its much better than nothing, and better than just therapy alone.

10. Lee

Lee Member

Hi Anthony....don't spose you could look at my Mental Imagery ?? Pretty eager to check it out.

11. anthony

Hey Lee, I will get to them. I usually start in the trauma diaries, but I have neglected the rest of the forum lately, so doing a little catchup on things. I will get to soon enough though.

12. Lee

Lee Member

Thanks Anthony. I'm zonked tonight so probably call it quits in a minute...just picked up eldest wonderful daughter from work....her first job (she's 15 1/2). I am able to check the forum at work through, so I'll have a squizz tomorrow. XX You do a great job with this.

13. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

rob, that is a nice quote. gives me hope, maybe someday i can be a beautiful people.