• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

If We All Lived In The Same Town....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Smoke alarms would be flashing lights only! (Well, at least in my house. My sister's smoke alarms went off when I was house sitting and scared the crap out of me. I hate those things....Sad I rather risk fire than deal with stupid smoke alarms.)

- Half the houses would be bubble wrapped, for safety.

I guess my house would be in the other half....popping bubble wrap would startle me!

- Lots of friendly dogs no one's allowed to touch because they would all be service animals.

I'm OK without a service dog, so you can touch my dog! She provides therapy value, but isn't up to service dog standards.

- No fireworks ever.

Amen! Gunshots are bad, too. I live in the country, so half the time I can't initially tell if its fireworks or gunshots going off.

- 15MPH speed limit everywhere.

Great....everyone already says I drive like I'm 80, LOL.

- More therapists offices than Starbucks.

It'll be like that "Simpsons" episode where there are therapists offices next to therapists offices (instead of starbucks next to starbucks).

- Road works, roofing and any other occupation that involves sudden banging noises will be outlawed.

Maybe have one or two times a year where home improvements are done? That way people can prepare for the noise by wearing multiple layers of hearing protection or going out of town. Otherwise our houses would fall into disrepair!

We could all have a barbecue !

I LOVE BBQ! And now that my GI issues are healing, I can eat it again! (Gonna go have some now....LOL)

Hmmm, I wonder how the fire alarms could be safe and be effective too? A dog could be trained to see the 'lights flashing' like you suggested KisMet, and wake you up.

I would love a community garden. I see lots of chairs around a firepit with tables and forests behind with paths to walk in.

Sun mentioned Snoezelen Rooms (a type of therapy). I think a couple of houses set up with these special sensory rooms would be amazing!
Link Removed
You know....for a place to go when you have nowhere to go....to be alone but stimulated. Idk, just a thought.

On the smoke alarms..... I mentioned to my T once that the sound of my alarm clock going off usually sent me through the roof. His comment was "That's why they call them 'alarms'". LOL Probably a good point.

I've been worrying about "no fireworks" and am curious. (Because they don't really bother me. Might make me jump if caught off guard, but once I know what the noise is, it's ok.) So, do you guys have kind of a phobic reaction to the noise? Does it bother you if you're actually AT a fireworks show and know what's going on? I can see how the noise could be a trigger for someone with a combat background or who had had a bad experience with explosions, but beyond that, is it more than just a sudden noise? I kind of like fireworks. :bag:

@scout86 Ahem...perhaps our lab should be a bit further still on the outskirts of town! lol

mad_science_flask_girl_yq8e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back